Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:46am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please can we not drag this pointless debate through the dirt? I'm currently just trying to defend myself here.

Quote Originally Posted by IIF
    Most of what he throws are legit techniques. Maybe they aren't thrown as perfect as you want but, that doesn't make it a false claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by JC
    The guy's throws are a half a bubble off level, but the striking is less "arm punchy" then you guys think - he's in a low stance, but moving well through the hips and shoulders. His kicks are chambered, but they're fast and hard.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:11am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    Please can we not drag this pointless debate through the dirt? I'm currently just trying to defend myself here.
    You made it a point to imply staff and the website condone his actions. So, it isn't pointless. I said it isn't worse than your average Mcdojo. That is the best thing I said.

Interesting neither of those quotes say he is an okay teacher. Are you saying none of those techniques are legit. Those are fake techniques?
    Those techniques are bullshido?

See, you said
    Johnny Cache and you said he looked OK, not just Tom.
    No, we didn't

You also said
    Dismissed by staff, who including yourself seem to think he is at least adaquate to teach.
    Where did we say he was an adequate teacher?

Oh and Tom didn't say anything. He asked you to prove/answer two questions before he made it a YMAS thread. That is why I left him out he was neutral.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Interesting neither of those quotes say he is an okay teacher. Are you saying none of those techniques are legit. Those are fake techniques?
    Those techniques are bullshido?
    Even Milton Wallace can throw punches.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    You also said Where did we say he was an adequate teacher?
    Adaquate enough to not require investigation.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even Milton Wallace can throw punches.
    Yes, and that isn't what made him bullshido. We all laughed at his videos. It was his claims of being Vitor Belfort's cousin on myspace that got his ass investigated.

Yes, he also claimed to teach, have students, made claims of MMA fighting, attached himself to a specific school, a specific teacher, and specific claims in a youtube video. He also sent numerous emails to Red and others.

Daniel repeats a couple of overused quotes from Bruce Lee. He didn't even say he was an instructor, it was in the end credits.

Hmmm so here we go fine. Did we say he was an adequate teacher? No.

Do you have have enough information to prove he is a qualified instructor, makes bullshido claims, lied to his students, and wrongly took money? No.

Funny thing is you really should stop conflating the two. He owns no business in Hawaii were he supposedly moved, he has no website, he hasn't referred to himself as teacher except at the end of ONE video so far that I can find.

Now, tell me how this should be in MABS?

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IIF
    Now, tell me how this should be in MABS?
    See post #37

It's in YMAS now and that's fine by me. That's why i haven't said anything about it. I will keep looking into it on my own behalf.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:52am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It bothers me because people like this stain the reputation of Jeet Kune Do, the instructors who have spent countless hours perfecting techniques, and the Martial Arts in general. I thought that was the point of this site.

Johnny Cache and you said he looked OK, not just Tom.
    What I actually said was that the entire video was not crap and I'd reserve judgment until I see a more serious video.

What he's doing looks like pretty prototypical JKD to me, except for the throwing, which is obviously pretty half-assed...but that could have been in part due to the training surface they were on as well. He's not throwing thai kicks, but it remains to be seen if that's because of inability, doctrine, or the tone of what they were doing and the safety gear they had.

When you post an investigation thread, be prepared to have why you posted it looked into - we've had incidents of people trying to use bullshido to smear a rival, especially in the tangle-lands of wing chun descendants, and we don't like it, so we check for it as best we can.

You have presented nothing on the guy but some you-tube screw around footage - not his background, not his lineage, not his prices or facility or competition record - so AT BEST your OP is a poo tube post, right now.

You want the guy "investigated" - fine, the thread will still be here when you know more about him. You bring us something that bears investigating, we'll clean the thread up and move it back.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 11:36am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See post #37
    Okay post #43.

This means you still want it in MABS IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 1:20pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From his website:

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang, he strikes a lot like I did when I was 16 or 17. I even tried to find some old videos just for the hell of it.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 1:59pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched about 20 second. His boxing technique sucks. His hands are down the whole time. He flails his arms while kicking like a 3 year old.

He's just fairly fast and determined.

Sucks.

Nothing to do with him being "JKD", he'd suck with those attributes in Muay Thai.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast