Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the one hand, moving this thread to CMA is good in that it won't be trolled quite so fiercely by teenagers who think wrestling was created when Royce Gracie showed up on TV and started crawling all over some guy wearing one boxing glove.

On the other hand, "80% of Taichi is Wrestling" is about as fascinating a subject amongst CMAers as "water, still wet for the most part" is amongst fish.

End thread?
    Last edited by Rivington; 10/29/2007 11:23am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 11:19am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish it had of stayed in YMAS. It was better out there.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    I wish it had of stayed in YMAS. It was better out there.
    It's reasonably on topic, related to CMA, and it trys to set a standard for TaiChi to help weed out the bullshit.

And, this thread isn't particularly funny. Thus, it is perfect for your sub-forum. :smile:

If you don't think this is an appropriate topic, feel free to either ignore it or move it elsewhere. However, before you do, please examine exhibits "A" and "B". The comments there are why I feel this thread belongs under the CMA styles sub-forum and why you need control of this topic. The comments on the "Pushing the issue" videos, parts one and two with respect to the "wrestling" within TaiChi:

Exhibit "A": Part 1 Comments

Exhibit "B": Part 2 Comments
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 12:28pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I like it in YMAS because, most of us don't care. It was started by a guy who didn't understand. Then another guy who had no clue blew it wide open.

The rest of us CMAers realize we all agree we just use different terms.

It is the YMAS other arts that may learn something. That is why I didn't ask for it to be moved earlier.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I moved it due to a personal request from someone that you control it and start slapping people around properly.

I agreed to the request because there is some halfway decent stuff in here that helps clear up some misconceptions and it would be a shame to bury it under a pile of posts from Virus, Rock Ape, and FFF. :smile:
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No problem.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 1:58am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    taiji is top end. it operates on principle alone, and is very difficult to master. most cannot make the necessary changes in biomechanics and mentality necessary to use it.

taiji is not wrestling. wrestling is a completely different system. all systems are not the same, nor are they equal. the strategy and tactics of taiji differ signifcantly from most other arts. techniques are another matter, they tend to be found in most all arts....locking an elbow is locking an elbow. the diff is in the approach used and in responses to counters. taiji has many elements that are completely absent from other arts....yielding, borrowing, folding, emptying/changing space.

pisser is, there aint much good taiji to go around. most of it these days is just a little excercise fad/new age delusion. anybody i know who does good taiji worked up to it and started in other 'hard' arts. not saying there are not pure taiji guys who whoop ass, just that i never met any.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 12:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62827

Missing posts are above, for now.

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 10:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndoChinese
    taiji is top end. it operates on principle alone, and is very difficult to master. most cannot make the necessary changes in biomechanics and mentality necessary to use it.

taiji is not wrestling. wrestling is a completely different system. all systems are not the same, nor are they equal. the strategy and tactics of taiji differ signifcantly from most other arts. techniques are another matter, they tend to be found in most all arts....locking an elbow is locking an elbow. the diff is in the approach used and in responses to counters. taiji has many elements that are completely absent from other arts....yielding, borrowing, folding, emptying/changing space.

pisser is, there aint much good taiji to go around. most of it these days is just a little excercise fad/new age delusion. anybody i know who does good taiji worked up to it and started in other 'hard' arts. not saying there are not pure taiji guys who whoop ass, just that i never met any.
    That was the best explanation of Tai Chi that I have ever read.

My late uncle taught me Yang Tai Chi when I was younger, he used to teach me the fighting applications from the form, not just the form only. Later I continued to learn from 2 instructors from direct Yang family lineage.

I also actually saw him go up against a TKD guy, and totally out matched him.
    He also was in the military for a time, and practiced Judo before learning Yang Tai Chi.
    I actually used Yang Tai, to defend myself, a few times.. I’m not a “master” nor do I think that I am a bad @ss, but I do know that Tai Chi is effective in some instances.
    I also know that I read on a few places around the ‘net, that Wu style, has a lot of throws, and is the closest to “wrestling”.
    Tai Chi originally had 8 moves or “gates”, These 8 gates can be found in all style of Tai Chi.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910