Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

CLF Connecticut, not SF

I trained at a Tat Wong school and was sorely disappointed.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 11:40am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    Tat-mau Wong brought in a very well thought of san da fighter/coach from China, Gao Mei Jian, to train his fighters at the SF branch. Did you train there? Any experiences you'd like to share?

No, I trained at the connecticut branch. There was no Sanda coach, no Sanda team. There was no Sanda. There was only light, no hitting to the face sparring. It was bad, bad like sexual repression.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 12:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I moved these posts because, the guy specifically said SF or San Francisco.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...60#post1650360

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 1:25pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    There was no Sanda. There was only light, no hitting to the face sparring. It was bad, bad like sexual repression.
    Ack! That's terrible. TMW is a scrappy dude who, in addition to having fought full-contact in san shou, has a black belt in Judo, which he taught alongside CMA back in Hong Kong. He also pushed hard for good rules for CMA FC fighting in the US back in the day.

Do you live in a part of Connecticut where the residents are mainly of a social class where punching each other int he face is considered gauche? Can you find a decent boxing gym up that way?
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/07/2007 1:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrusher
    Ack! That's terrible. TMW is a scrappy dude who, in addition to having fought full-contact in san shou, has a black belt in Judo, which he taught alongside CMA back in Hong Kong. He also pushed hard for good rules for CMA FC fighting in the US back in the day.

Do you live in a part of Connecticut where the residents are mainly of a social class where punching each other int he face is considered gauche? Can you find a decent boxing gym up that way?
    Yup, I did. The reason for not punching in the face was this: "There is no reason to get all beaten up, we all have work to go to tomorrow". I've been sparring consistently with face punching, and I look completely normal, black eye and cut free every day at work. I dont know what they were goingon about.
    I never found any decent boxing gyms in Connecticut. But I left and went to Boston, so all that is behind me now.