Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 11:52am

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    that you fighting in your avatar Phrost?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61742

doooo be dooooo be dooooooooo:ohyea7qh:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 11:55am

Style: mozambique drill

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How well do the rifle disarms work on guys wearing slings?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 2:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by attakmint
    How well do the rifle disarms work on guys wearing slings?
    Can't get the weapon away but it helps put them on the ground if they're using a tactical sling.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 3:01pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    I decided to try some during MOUT training since I'm usually the guy that goes down fighting to be hogtied and searched I'd give them a go. I have used some of the rifle disarms and even managed to escape a few times (most of the time I will get the weapon an pop off a few rounds then get blasted) It been intresting so far but not something I'd recommend for anyone who isn't already versed in Judo.
    You're a gigantic NCO who ruins exercises your officers have methodically and lovingly prepared by snatching weapons away from 18 year old privates? You're not Solid Snake, just a great big bully.

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 7:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    You're a gigantic NCO who ruins exercises your officers have methodically and lovingly prepared by snatching weapons away from 18 year old privates? You're not Solid Snake, just a great big bully.
    Officers didn't plan ****. NCO planned, NCO led. An yes I am a Bully but thats beside the point. Most of the time my victims are the reclassing soldiers, the privates usually are hesitant to close in.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 8:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, one may imagine some aspects of silliness to Asia turning his military career into a venue for live-practicing action movie scenarions where he's fighting off batallions of armed men.

However, the next time you're in a Starbucks with him that's attacked by a group of armed terrorists who have no idea that they're doomed, you will eat your words.

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 9:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa
    Now, one may imagine some aspects of silliness to Asia turning his military career into a venue for live-practicing action movie scenarions where he's fighting off batallions of armed men.

However, the next time you're in a Starbucks with him that's attacked by a group of armed terrorists who have no idea that they're doomed, you will eat your words.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!! FUCKERS WILL NEVER TAKE MY LATTE!!!

I actually came across Mori's books when I was looking for ways to more incorparate MAC into the MOUT scenarios we have. Before there was only training in the pit and MOUT was just clearing procedures. Now we combine the two, and I do suffer for my work. I have a scar from a troop slamming the barrel of her weapon in my collarbone when I decided to resist. I was pissed but I couldn't fault her because she did what she was trained to do.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 9:56pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was a private we were doing MOUT training at AIT and I was the third man in. My Drill Sergeant jumps out of a closet and grabbed the barrel of my rifle. Scared shitless, I jerked him twoards me and used his wrist as a fulcrum, slamming the stock into his skull. He went down like a bag of ****. It was the end of the impromptu class, and the second time in as many weeks I wound up in front of the 1SG.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 10:05pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    psssssht: Sir this is alpha team we have isolated target, over.
    psssssht: OK to apprehend alpha, go ahead, over.
    psssssht: Sir, we're requesting air support, over.
    psssssht: It's just one tango son, what the ****, over?
    psssssht: Sir, this tango says he is "the shogun of harlem" and he will make us "kiss his converse," over.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 10:14pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!! FUCKERS WILL NEVER TAKE MY LATTE!!!

I actually came across Mori's books when I was looking for ways to more incorparate MAC into the MOUT scenarios we have. Before there was only training in the pit and MOUT was just clearing procedures. Now we combine the two, and I do suffer for my work. I have a scar from a troop slamming the barrel of her weapon in my collarbone when I decided to resist. I was pissed but I couldn't fault her because she did what she was trained to do.

I'm really very interested in the particulars, in spite of the jokes. My MA skills are pretty abysmal, and even getting back into it now I'm only training once a week. But, a minimal bit of skill and being sufficiently scrappy has been enough to handle the few self defense situations I've been in.

However, and I understand it's a little paranoid, but I've always had it in the back of my mind that if I was ever caught in a situation where there was a weapon my only decent-percentage plan is to hope my date takes a knife wound more gracefully than I do. So, I'd at least be decently interested in this kind of training, if not now, then some time in the future when I'm putting in enough hours that I can waste a few on novelty.

Not being a military man, myself, I was wondering if you had any sugguestions for a civilian to get something similar. Or should I just get better versed in Judo, as you mentioned?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast