Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 1:09pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm it works fine now, strange, just flat out didnt work before. oh well thats the internet for ya

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 2:42pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found another one of the QJJ club member's fights (Matt Nelling) from the youtube channel the video was on. Boring fight, but he seems to have decent technique standing, sprawling and on the ground; better than the guy he was fighting at least. Shouldn't have used those stupid helmets...the ref had to keep adjusting them during the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d9B5RECGjw

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 12:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just going to preface this by saying that I did not join just to respond to this post, but I just happened to come across it so I'll put in my 2 cents.

I've been training with Quantum at Penn State for a semester and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. I will admit the name is stupid as hell. The founder, Jeremy Corbell, is a pretty weird dude, and the demo technique video that everyone seems to base their opinion of QJJ on is ridiculous. We don't do those sort of techniques in class for obvious reasons. We train grappling every sunday and wednesday, with live sparring (no striking) at least one of those days. We do striking on fridays.

I would just like to point out that QJJ is just a club(which is not expensive to join, by the way) and is very limited in facilities and equipment. It is not a competition team and we only have 6 hours of time reserved for practice each week. We're working on getting open mat on saturdays and starting a competition team. A couple guys competed at NAGA not long ago and did ok, considering what they were up against. If you guys have any other questions about it I'll be happy to answer them.

Posted On:
    12/09/2007 1:04am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool...I look forward to training there in a month or so.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12