226192 Bullies, 3878 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 10:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC isn't some omnipotent entity. Just because Dana says no one can compete don't make it so, it's his fucking job to say that.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 10:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right. But expect a fuckload of legal maneuvering to make Dana White virtually correct on that front.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 10:43pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."
    :icon_cat:
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 1:03am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey Dana!

Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way I have understood it is that Mark Cuban was going to either buy the Cubs or put his time and effort into an MMA League....and since baseball would never, ever let him buy a team...it is pretty clear he is putting his money in MMA...and I think he will be the one to take the sport to the next level.

If he has Fedor, he will get Randy. If he gets Randy he will get a ton of of other fighters to jump ship...because everyone respects Randy.

I don't see him beating the UFC in this decade...but he will be real competition.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 6:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Because we all know that Pride NEVER gave its guys tomatoe cans and mismatches to fight. (The main event of Bushido 1 was Cro Cop vs. Dos Carres Jr, I rest my case)
    Let's see, Jardine beat Chuck Liddell, Griffin beat Shogun, and Rashad went to a draw with Tito (who, as I posted earlier, beat Wanderlei.)
    Meanwhile, Cro Cop was beat up by two guys he was supposed to walk through, Herring got LnPed for 15 mins, then couldn't finish a TUF guy. Werdun got mauled by Arlovski. Nog almost got KOed by Herring!
    And don't bring up Anderson and Rampage, they had both jumped off the sinking ship of Pride before Dana brought them into the Zuffa family.
    So far, TUF has been a much better investment than the Pride buyout.
    All the rest aside. TUF was a better investment of funds than PRIDE. Better exposure, more likeable fighters (simply because people new to MMA can see them on a weekly basis and learn their names), and all around easier access to the public.

That being said , most of the earlier TUF fighters were from existing or long time UFC fighters camps. They werent some random guy selected from internet videos.

CroCop..? What a waste of $250k. Hell thats what Randy gets for a title fight and he wins. Mirko has lost his fan draw with me. His last two fights were lackluster at best.

Dana should have spent the cash and gotten the bets HW in the world, hands down. Fedor.

MeatAxe said it perfectly. Damn those sour grapes.

:)

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 6:42am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanderlei managed pretty well. (Fought in UFC and lost to Tito Ortiz before he went off to rule the PRIDE LHW division)
    Chuck Liddell didn't do that bad either (2-1 under PRIDE rules).
    And the guys from Seasons 1 & 2 of TUF had more UFC success than the boys from PRIDE.
    UFC rules seem more restrictive. I'd love to see fights in the Octagon, but with PRIDE rules.
    My fav. is the stomp. If you lie on your back, like a tool, waiting, you get stomped..simple.

Fedor, assuming the rules don't f him up, is likely to mash whoever he faces into a fine paste.

EDIT: Crocop is one of the more feared strikers (or was, I still wouldn't **** with him, with your bodies) but seems more suited to K1 type striking events.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 10/27/2007 6:44am at .

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 2:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, in Dana's defense, Fedor's last fights have been against Zulu (HA!), Coleman (best days are behind him), and that rope clutching mess with Matt Lindland (185er, who was winning the fight until said rope grab).
    And I hear his next fight will be against Yoshida (because nothing says "I deserve a shot at the #1 heavy in the world" like a loss to James "the Debt Collector" Thompson).
    Fedor hasn't fought actual competition in quite a while, Randy is in self imposed exile...if I had to pick whose number one right now I'd flip a coin between Nogueira and Tim Sylvia (both UFC fighters by the way).

There was only a 17 1/2 pound weight difference between Lindland and Fedor in that fight and they are the same height.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 3:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    The way I have understood it is that Mark Cuban was going to either buy the Cubs or put his time and effort into an MMA League....and since baseball would never, ever let him buy a team...it is pretty clear he is putting his money in MMA...and I think he will be the one to take the sport to the next level.

If he has Fedor, he will get Randy. If he gets Randy he will get a ton of of other fighters to jump ship...because everyone respects Randy.

I don't see him beating the UFC in this decade...but he will be real competition.
    FYI, the Cubs are actually for sale. They're owned by the Tribune company which was just bought out by another eccentric billionaire. He and Cuban would make great pals, so who knows. MLB wouldn't really have a damn say.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456