Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 4:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How to enter pride or K1

Hey there,
    You guys may remember sometime ago I mentioned that one of my monk friends wanted to enter a professional tournament circuit to test his skill, well, it seems like it's going pretty well because originally a standard soldier monk (Lord Bert aka Yan Fei) was going ask permission to enter but when he talked to his master, it was decided that this is pretty serious and Shaolin can't afford to lose, especially in such a public display, therefore, a Shaolin Master is considering for either K1 or Pride.

Just one question...can anyone give me the details on how to enter or better still, does anyone work or know anyone within these organisations?

The Shaolin Master in question is Shifu Shi Yan Li, a provincial SanShou champion in Henan, China and a amateur Thai Boxing champion in Thailand, baksilong. I don't know this guy personally but i know he's about 5ft 5, 60kg. He will be flying down from China to UK soon, where he's scheduled to meet with his brothers at Shaolin Temple UK.

lord of the glen

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 7:49am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    now THIS is a fight i defanetely want to see
    CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 1:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you checked the respestive websites yet?

Is there anyone THAT small for him to fight?
    :)
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 2:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it says on their websites. I'm also pretty sure you'd need a video of the monk in action. It'd also help if he had a record in smaller shows(but in pride, this may not be necessary--Dos Caras.)

I wish him the best of luck though. Would he wear those yellow robes in the ring?:)

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 2:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Erm it can take years to be good enough to enter a Pro K1 event and it definitely would take a while for an already Pro MMAist to get into Pride FC. You usually have to be excellent.

You would be better off entering some UK professional MMA tournaments or Muay Thai or even San Shou events - which is what you do, right?
    Last edited by Blad3; 10/22/2003 3:03pm at .
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " 5ft 5, 60kg. " Wu De there's no way he;d ever get into Pride FC at that weight.

I just read that he was a 2x champion, once in MT and once in SanShou, so I mean as long as he knew submissions and has good ground grappling/wrestling he could enter an MMA event. K1 UK might be your best shot at getting into K1...
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 4:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the replies.

He does UK SanShou competitions already, i think he'll be at the next competition, sometime around november i think.

I don't really know the guy at all, but I remember one of the other monks mentioning something about him wanting to test his skill against a "Gray See"...i assume they were talking about one of the Gracies? That would be interesting. As for what he'd wear...erm...maybe the orange robes? I know he has a love of wearing just shorts.

I'll keep you posted about this development.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    10/22/2003 6:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, this would definitely be the biggest marketing thing in kickboxing ever. i would love to see this. wu de, thanks and keep us updated!