Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 2:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Latest Fight

Whats up everbody i havent posted in a while. but its good to be back around.... this is the video of my latest fight. It was the first time i have fought under full contact rules. I felt very constricted. I also changed nearly my entire fighting style in like a matter of two weeks while training to fight a more full contact style fight..... Anyhow other than the fact that my high kicks sucks and i should never ever do anykind of spinning kick again can anyone give me some feedback.
    Oh and its hard to tell why the fight was ended but the ref. gave the guy a TKO

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7YRlUbWpYic

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ref stopped the match because the guy didn't look like he wanted to continue and didn't put up his gloves when the ref asked him to. Good job overall, you had some decent combinations and kept the action going well.

I can see a few things that kind of indicate that you weren't really comfortable with this fight, whether it be the rule set or general inexperience. You're doing that little TKD bounce even though you have muay thai in your style field. I can kind of see why you'd want to do it if you were in a TKD match since you can launch kicks faster if you're bouncing, but but since you're doing a kickboxing match where you're relying mostly on your boxing it's making you a bit more awkward. You have to stop bouncing to throw a punch combination so it's a pretty big read.

Your footwork and movement was also pretty haphazard so you ended up getting chased into the ropes and corners a lot. Try to be a bit more deliberate about where you're going and lead your opponent around rather than merely trying to escape them coming at you. Also since your feet were all over the place it made you kicks fairly awkward and off balance. Foot placement is really important so even if you're moving around a lot to keep from getting crowded (which really sucks in FCR as someone who's used to muay thai) you want to make sure to keep your feet at the right distance apart. This is also a good part of why the guy was able to push you around a bit, since you'd bring your feet together and be off balance at times.

beep boop.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 8:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahahah yea the bounce thing was something a tkd friend that fights full contact kept doing when we were sparring and i kept imitateing it. Its dumb my thai friend made alot of fun of me for it......... thanks for the input on the footwork i know i need alot of work on it. anytime i spar i end up in the ropes.... In this fight it wasnt that i didnt want to fight i was not in perfect shape and was trying to conserve energy. plus yea i still get really nerves before a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 12:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got really bad nerves before my last Muay Thai fight, it made me tired quick as and I felt like lead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 8:52pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah... my style of kickboxing. Nice to see guys doing Full Contact 'cos it doesn't seem that popular in general.

Nice fight. The movement needs a bit of work as mentioned above but you did well. I know you mentioned it yourself, but spinning kick overkill? ;) Saw a couple of nice headkicks in there and whilst your movement was at best, a bit odd, you managed to evade a few shots generally well.

As a side note, I liked your fight trousers... almost as good as mine :p What weight was this fight held at?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 12:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the help guys... ^^^^ this fight was held at 141. Fighting full contact was weird it seems pretty limiting. But it was for sure really fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 7:32pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warasak
    Thanks for all the help guys... ^^^^ this fight was held at 141. Fighting full contact was weird it seems pretty limiting. But it was for sure really fun.
    It is limiting, because there are less things you're allowed to do. There's more scope for flashy kicking and solid punching though. If those are your strengths you won't go too wrong :)

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 10:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FC Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I agree good to see people still doing full contact! Booyah, I would say things about your fight but everything I was going to say has been mentioned above.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2007 12:28am

Style: various cma's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warasak
    141? how tall are you?