Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Krav Maga Sydney

Krav Maga schools in Sydney Australia.
    Currently 3 IKMF Krav Maga schools in Sydney.

All instructors in these schools are regularly trained and regulated by the by the Israeli experts of the International Krav Maga Federation.
    Bondi
    Paramatta
    Epping

When it comes to your personal saftey don't settle for anything but the best.

Last edited by palsar; 10/26/2007 12:43am at .

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $0?

When it comes to my personal safety I would like to be well rounded and have some grappling training. This doesn't really sound like a good place to take lessons.

Why does your school rate a 10 when it comes to striking? Does your gym often produce high quality striking competitors?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Krav Maga Bondi / Sydney, Australia

Proffesional, realistic Krav Maga, self defence training in Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia.

Krav Maga Bondi

Krav-Maga ('Contact Combat') is the highly effective battle tested Israeli system of self defense, fighting skills and defensive tactics.

Krav Maga is one of the quickest growing self defence systems world wide.
    It was originally developed for the Israeli Defence and Security forces and has since gained interest with civilians, military and law enforcement personnel around the world.

Based on simple principles and instinctive movements, Krav Maga is a modern day reality-based system that is designed to teach practical self defence in the shortest possible time (while giving you a good cardio workout).

You will learn to function during the stress and shock of a sudden, violent encounter and defend against common chokes, bearhugs, headlocks, attacks on the ground and weapons such as gun, knives and sticks.

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 12:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know anything about Krav Maga?
    Competitors?
    And yes we do have a lot of ground fighting. As well as defending against an armed attacker, dealing with multiple attackers, fighting in confined spaces and in positions of disadvantage, fighting in different environments, using common objects and much much more.

If you are interested in being well rounded, why don't you do some research? Knowledge is power.
    Last edited by palsar; 10/26/2007 2:38am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 1:01am

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take it you're the owner posting a review of your own school here?

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 1:10am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two duplicate threads were merged.

Quote Originally Posted by palsar
    The 10 rating was a default.
    Default what? If you feel it ranks a 10, then explain why. If not, then adjust and explain why.

Do you know anything about Krav Maga?
    Yes. Like all arts there are bad schools, and there are good schools. But in this section you have the wonderful opportunity to explain why your school is a good school.

Competitors?
    Do I need to explain this?

And yes we do have a lot of ground fighting. As well as defending against an armed attacker, dealing with multiple attackers, fighting in confined spaces and in positions of disadvantage, fighting in different environments, using common objects and much much more.
    Great. So if there a rating you might want to assign the school? Or will it just be a 10 be default?

If you are interested in being well rounded, why don't you do some research? Knowledge is power.
    If you're interested in not getting your review scrapped because it is an advertisement, then fix it up to explain your rankings.

You may use this as a guideline: Dojo Reviews Ratings Examples
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48577
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 2:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still did not answer my question in regards to the knowledge on which you base your comments on?

I question your knowledge because Krav Maga is not a ring sport neither is it an art. Its sole purpose is to prepare an individual to be able to protect themself in the event of a violent encounter in the street. It was developed in the Israeli army to train their Elite units where it has been put to the test many times in real situations on the battlefield. In the last few decades it was adapted to suit civilian need as well. Today Krav Maga is used by all branches of millitary, LE and security agencies in Israel. It is taught outside of Israel to special forces of law enforcement and Military as well as civilians. Where it contiues to be put to the test in real situations.

Now that you have a bit of background you can understand that competitions in Krav Maga would be impossible and deffinately not legal. We train for reality. In reality you will seldomly be ready, mentally prepared and come out of the corner fighting. Chances are you will be attacked by more then one person, your attacker could be armed, you might be in your car, you will most probably be caught by surprise. In Krav Maga we have no rules. When you are fighting for your life you resort to any means necessary (Kicks to the groin, fingers to the eyes, use of common objects, etc.). The upside is you do not need to beat your opponent. You need to get out of a dangerous situation safely. The exception is military and law enforcement. Their objectives are different.

Not the owner of the school.
    In fact Krav Maga Sydney is 3 schools, independantly owned. They are all memebers of the International Krav Maga Federation which is directed by the experts from Israel. These schools are regulated by the IKMF and every instructor teaching in these schools is regularly trained and monitored by these experts from Israel. That way quality controled is assured.

On the last point I am afraid I disagree with you. I do not feel an obligation to justify my ratings to you or have you approve them. However, my rating is a personal opinion and should be taken as such. If you have a geniune interest go check one of the schools out and then you will be able to make an informed obsevation. But if you are just trying to trashbag something it would appear you do not know enough about at this time to make an informed critique, spare yourself. Know one will think more of you for doing so.

If you have a geniune interest I will do my best to answer any futher questions. There is also plenty of information available on the web.
    Last edited by palsar; 10/26/2007 2:07am at .

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 2:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Awesome

Well as an active Krav Maga enthusiest I must say that since I have been training at the Bondi Dojo I have definately sharpened my tools of defence!!! The instructor definately knows his stuff , having trained with some of the top instructors in Israel I can say with much confidence that this guy in Bondi is great ( he was actually recommended to me on one such trip to Israel). With well rounded training focusing on effective 360 defences combined with vicious counter striking we are 100% focused on dealing with almost any threat possible all using simple yet effective tools to protect ourselves and each other.

And to the person (PizzDoff)questioning the effectivness of the Bondi school why don't you come check out a session, I'm sure we will be able to guide you in the right direction, as you are obviously keen to learn!!!!
    Last edited by Don Juan; 10/26/2007 2:43am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 12:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Unsure...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to stay in Sydney some time and try this. Sounds interesting. I will never be in the military or police, since I'm small, weak and sick, but it seems to me that I will at least be able to have a chance to kick ass and quickly get the hell out of there if I'm viciously attacked.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well as an active Krav Maga enthusiest I must say that since I have been training at the Bondi Dojo I have definately sharpened my tools of defence!!! The instructor definately knows his stuff , having trained with some of the top instructors in Israel I can say with much confidence that this guy in Bondi is great ( he was actually recommended to me on one such trip to Israel). With well rounded training focusing on effective 360 defences combined with vicious counter striking we are 100% focused on dealing with almost any threat possible all using simple yet effective tools to protect ourselves and each other.
    This sounds like a cut 'n' paste job.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast