Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2008 4:24pm

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another vid of the "complete art of vambudo"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c10O9uy0hzQ name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c10O9uy0hzQ type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2008 4:58pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    This sucks, I really thought this was going to be about fighting Vampyres. Someone make up a MA about fighting Vampyres so we can mock you. Bonus points for references to The Slayer.
    What if they just listen to Slayer the band while practicing kata?

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 3:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its been a while since i last checked this site ... :)

apparently mike vamplew has already abandoned the name vambudo, i think he changed it into someting else ... more tkd based art ... anyways,

tough guys karate club (kyukushin) in the philippines decided to adapt the name, however it
    doesnt stand for mike's name anymore ...
    rather vast multi fighting style ... more a street fighting mentality as connected to thier
    original dicipline full contact karate ...
    (afterall they teach martial arts to street children here in manila)

well i hope that clears at least the name ...

cheers

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2008 9:20am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenmane
    Vampire Martial Art: Kibatsumejutsu.

Honestly, I had to google it...

...I could only remember the Werewolf one....
    *coughcoughkalindocoughcough*

God I'm embarrassed that I know that.

The werewolves had nothing on the mages though. They had Do, which had t3h r341 d34d1y.

Posted On:
    6/20/2008 5:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ex Student

Heyo. I am an ex student of Mike Vamplew, and I can certify that his clubs are genuine (I went to one for the best part of a decade). I'd say that whilst he is a schemer of many sorts, willing do do anything for an extra spot of cash, so long as it looks legal, his training is certainly more thorough, and was always several years ahead of other clubs. The training standard has always been higher, and yes, Vambudo is a real martial art.

Vambudo up until last year was certainly taught at at least 5 clubs in England, I
    used to be on the grading panel. It is taught in other countries, and delegates have come this way from several countries for training.
    I trained with them, so I know they've been taught. But I can't say for sure that it's being taught in countries other than Potugal, England and Italy.

His organisation has had it's name changed several times in the past year, and I've not been any part of it since October last year.

Dr Mohsen Ahmadi is a real person. I have met him only once though, and his University does appear a little dubious, though Mike really does have his Portsmouth University stuff. That University *will* give these things out to anyone mind.

He certainly has his TaeKwonDo black belt. As I've said, in TaeKwonDo he is no fraud. In Vambudo neither. Unlike the majority of TaeKwonDo masters I've met, he will not allow students through on a half arsed grading. Looking at other syllabuses, the "Black belt" awarded by some English organisations don't even measure up to a fourth gup under his regime.

His Stormtroopers squad included several of my friends, and I attended some of the tournaments. Again, he isn't a fraud when it comes to his winnings. Considering his age now, he's doing pretty sweet. If required I could get hold of a Vambudo syllabus (scanned). Though it'll be several years out of date.

I'd say the TAGB, whilst legit, is pretty half arsed in it's training regime.

He certainly claims to be in 824720571 organisations. 2/3s of which he created himself. Though he's disolved a bunch due to some very personal issues.

To No BS Martial Arts - View Profile: Jujitsujock@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Jujitsujock</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Jujitsujock Every one of those schools existed at least up until October of last year.
    If required I can give you the addresses of some, and past addresses too.
    The internaional ones, I couldn't say much more than I already have.

"Great find! I wonder why he "forgot" to put his Judo experience on his Vambudo page-- he doesn't mention Judo at all, and certainly doesn't have that 1983 title listed amongst his "Noteable Achievements."

--Joe "

Joe... perhaps that's because it was 15 years ago.
    The Judo indeed is something he rarely mentions. I've never worked out why. His karate either. Though he does like to slate Karate. Despite haveing a higher black belt in it that TaeKwonDo I *think*.

No BS Martial Arts - View Profile: Jujitsujock@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Jujitsujock</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Jujitsujock. You appear to be incapable of reading.

Read. "Mike first started competing back in 1982 in Judo, won his first title in 1983"
    Started Competing.
    Competing is entering competitions.
    Not training.

I agree completely on the
    "
    And, with some further reading of the website, it looks as if it is a front for a good old boys website. "You know, you slap my back, I'll slap yours!" For a fee of course!

Wow, name a art after yourself, and then promote yourself to Grand Soke Doctor 10th Degree. Why did I not think of this? And hey, why not involve a few people from overseas (read third world countries) in on the deal? Harder to check on the certs that way!"

[COLOR=gold]Simio de las Rocas[/COLO"]No BS Martial Arts - View Profile: Mohamed Jihad@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: Mohamed Jihad</title>@@AMEPARAM@@Mohamed Jihad, as someone else pointed out, the reason you can't find the PHD in England, is because it's from the Middle East / Asia. It is still dubious though, and I was at the award ceremony thing. For all the credibility it doesn't really give, I have both a certificate from the same university, as well as a photo of it being presented.
    Oh, and that same University gave his assistant at the time a BA in Martial Arts.

No BS Martial Arts - View Profile: scuddy@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: scuddy</title>@@AMEPARAM@@scuddy Does interest me greatly though. He has been accused of harrassing again. Well, a couple of times. Though neither really had any merit. Though there was a court case over the second, but nothing much came of it.

After readng this, I certainly have some new insight into him. He's not's a total fraud though.
    Though to be honest, not being recognised by the TAGB is a compliment.

At the time, we as a club, did at times find his belt prgression bizzare at times, though as regards TaeKwonDo, he's certainly put the work in. That's one area I could say he's not at all a fraud in. His Vambudo is the real deal. Though perhaps not as awesome as he claims, though you don't hear a market vendor calling "Oranges! Get your slightly out of date, not so ripe oranges!"
    They say "Get your oranges! They're lovely! Fresh as the morning, sweet as aspartame!"
    [url]

Posted On:
    8/16/2008 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just another new organization.

With every organization, they would absorb anyone who want to join.

Credibility? Very little.

However, that is life.

Everything starts from the bottom and let's see how they will do.

There is no way we can stop anyone to start a new path. And we dont want to!

Simply, martial arts must find it direction with new techniques and organization.

Whether it is TKD, BJJ, kyokushin..etc, it is a breakaway and eventually found itself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2009 3:41pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello there, I too an am ex - student from Portsmouth. I ended my association back in approx 2000 / 2001 after approx a couple of yrs training.

From spending this time at Mike's club I have to say that a fair bit of the training wasnt all that bad. In many ways it was slightly ahead of its time combining grappling and striking, although we rarely sparred in such a manner.

Also the people that trained at the club were really great. Many trained I believe purely because of the social aspect, which is not entirely a bad thing.

On the down side, I have to say that many in the club were confused at Mikes continual progression from one bizzare title to another. Also it was clear that the way in which he ran the club suffered from his own personal issues. Mike could at times be temperamental, irrational and overly self congratulatory (as seen in his claims) but I suspect this was grounded in a deep mistrust of his own abilities and questionable self esteem. It appeared at times that Mike lived in almost mortal fear of being beaten by his own students, which must have been a bit of an emotional burden ...also...a real shame as if I were an instructor i could think of few greater endorsements to my ability as a teacher.

On the whole though, i did enjoy my time at the club and made many friends there. We still have a giggle about it now.

I do hope Mike takes the opportunity to overcome his personal "demons", as i believe that he does have the potential to be a good instructor, although his outlandish claims and self aggrandisement do little to establish his credibility in the eyes of others.

Posted On:
    1/24/2009 9:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that video is from the philippines, i know for a fact that mike vamplew has abandoned the name vambudo, i think he renamed his art "phi tsu something" (its orean) and the philippines group didnt bother to remove the name, the video is basically a friendly grappling match, they took the name vambudo as mma for thier karate club.

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 10:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained with him at the same TKD school for a year or so in Poole (TAGB) he is indeed a 1st Dan, a poor to average one at best. The rest of his claims are utter nonsense.

However, what should alarm people is the fact that in 1994 he was sentenced to 3 years and four months for sexually molesting a 10 year old girl for who he was babysitting (he rented a room from her parents). He served his time in Winchester prison.

On his release he moved to Portsmouth. The reason behind his frequent move of venue is the fact that his past at some point tends to catch up with him, I have assisted in this on numerous occasions. I am pretty sure this is why he has also dropped the name Vambudo. It has made him very easy to trace and inform on for the last 10 years or so. A crusade I take up every couple of years or so.

If anyone has any more info on where this guy is, please let it be known here or contact the venue where he teaches and advise them accordingly.

He missed out on being put on the register by a matter of months.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

After some further investigation, it would appear he is now operating in the Nottingham area under the name of Golden Phoenix Martial Arts Alliance which teaches the style of Pil Seung Do (where the fook does he get these names from!?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2009 10:18am

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JLJ View Post
    I trained with him at the same TKD school for a year or so in Poole (TAGB) he is indeed a 1st Dan, a poor to average one at best. The rest of his claims are utter nonsense.

However, what should alarm people is the fact that in 1994 he was sentenced to 3 years and four months for sexually molesting a 10 year old girl for who he was babysitting (he rented a room from her parents). He served his time in Winchester prison.

On his release he moved to Portsmouth. The reason behind his frequent move of venue is the fact that his past at some point tends to catch up with him, I have assisted in this on numerous occasions. I am pretty sure this is why he has also dropped the name Vambudo. It has made him very easy to trace and inform on for the last 10 years or so. A crusade I take up every couple of years or so.

If anyone has any more info on where this guy is, please let it be known here or contact the venue where he teaches and advise them accordingly.

He missed out on being put on the register by a matter of months.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

After some further investigation, it would appear he is now operating in the Nottingham area under the name of Golden Phoenix Martial Arts Alliance which teaches the style of Pil Seung Do (where the fook does he get these names from!?)

Do you have any way to substantiate the conviction? This site generally doesn't let claims like that go without some backup.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast