Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 10:10am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    OH **** NO!!!! No spoiler here. Ben is 4-0-2 now 5-0-2 after last night.

Ben has been mercilessly grilled by all of us and he is stoically tight lipped about the season. ****, he wouldn't even tell us he was fighting last night.

So I have no "inside" info about the season because Ben has kept his mouth shut despite constant teasing and poking from all of us.

For example, while rolling or drilling with him I'd say "hey, that triangle escape is pretty damn smooth, is that what you used to make the finals?".......to which he would ignore, pass my guard, and choke or arm bar me.
    Hey can't blame a guy for trying! :D

Regardless I have a feeling he really did well, although I feel that Mac won it (though I hope that's not the case).

I didn't know Ben was a BJJ guy until I saw the tattoo on his shoulder that looked like the Gracie logo? What rank is he in BJJ?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 10:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFukYu
    I didn't know Ben was a BJJ guy until I saw the tattoo on his shoulder that looked like the Gracie logo? What rank is he in BJJ?
    Purple. I believe it was awarded by Marcio Simas but I am not positive.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 10:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFukYu
    Hey can't blame a guy for trying! :D

Regardless I have a feeling he really did well, although I feel that Mac won it (though I hope that's not the case).

Mac and Ben are on different teams so they could have both won it and face each other in the finals

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have liked to see Round 3 also, but I can see where the people giving Ben both rounds are coming from. (Apparently Barrera skipped the session where Hughes taught people how to kick at the legs of someone laying on their back in guard to shadowbox/spank the monkey) Holy toledo, Ben likes his high kicks. Does he do those in class all the time too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju - Joe
    Mac and Ben are on different teams so they could have both won it and face each other in the finals
    D'oh! Didn't even think about that.

Your avatar rules BTW.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do have respect for Barrera though, he went out there, quit his job, left his family behind, and chased his dream of being a pro MMA fighter, and I....went back to college for another semester.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I do have respect for Barrera though, he went out there, quit his job, left his family behind, and chased his dream of being a pro MMA fighter, and I....went back to college for another semester.
    Fair enough. I know guys who have done the same thing and/or minimally decided they wanted to open reputable MMA schools and gyms as opposed to working 9 to 5. I also know musicians who create avante garde crazy **** instead of working at Jiffy Lube. ANYONE who has the balls to follow their dreams instead of falling into what society expects has my undying respect. I respect Dan insofar as THAT, but I find him to be immensely irritating and kind of dumb just "leaving everything in Jesus' hands" (regarding him quitting his job and believing some ominpotent being has some super-dee-fucking-duper plan for him).

In actuality I was (past tense) a born-again Christian about 13 years ago, and I absolutely cannot stomach those people now...it literally makes me want to puke when I hear people talking like he does.

Rant off. :sad8:

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I gotta agree with HongKongFU. That Dan was a nutcase and so is his wife.

You know, it really pisses me off too. I consider myself a man of faith, in some ways, and I like to see other CLASSY examples of religious people because it helps show that you don't have to me a moron to believe in God. But instead of a Rich Franklin who is an educated, reasonable guy, we get Dan "God tells me what to wear each day" Barerra and Matt "I'm the Queen" Hughes.

And what's with his wife? Usually I try to leave guys SO's out of things, cause I wouldn't want someone talking trash about my wife. But she opened herself up to it by calling in to her husband on a reality show and acting completely INSANE. You know that a hot chick who latches onto a guy after 2 weeks and then maries him sight unseen 6 months later at age 18 has issues. Srsly.

And then there's Hughes. I have tried not to jump on the "Hughes is a dick" bandwagon. I know editing can make someone look bad. I know that he might be super nice "in person". And Hughes looks like a great ambassador for the sport on paper. But... damn! Could that guy BE anymore conceited? His team has failed him? You're the frickin' coach, Matt, maybe you failed them! It's not their job to make you look good, it's your job to prepare them to win. Matt Hughes has failed.

The fight was good, though. I thought the 1st round was close too, but don't think Dan got robbed by the judges giving it to Ben. Certainly Ben owned rd 2. Shoot, Dan was actually RUNNING AWAY from Ben for half the rd. I had that round 10-8 Ben. Frankly, Dan seemed like a beast physically, but with little skill and no strategy. He needs to spend a couple more years in the amateur ranks. Dana gave him the 5g's out of pity because of the problems with his wife.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Mat W. We need more Randy "I want to thank two people, Jesus who died for my sins and the GIs who died for my freedom" Couture and Wanderlei "I want to thank God for watching over me in the ring" Silva, and less "I'm going to win because God told me so!" All I can say about that is that once those words leave your lips, you better win, or you WILL look like the biggest idiot in the world. (see that guy on ep.1 of TUF who said Jesus told him he would be on Matt Hughes team and that he would win the whole competition, can't remember who that was though)

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:53am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really do have to wonder about the editing they do to please the drama whores who rule the ratings scene.

Once again they show Serra to be a class act when he goes in to congratulate Dan on a good fight and then fade out with Hughes sulking in a corner wondering if he "picked the wrong guys".

If Hughes is not actually a douchebag, the TUF Editing team certainly makes him seem like KING DOUCHEBAG of OVERFLATED SENSE of SELF IMPORTANCEVILLE on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    (see that guy on ep.1 of TUF who said Jesus told him he would be on Matt Hughes team and that he would win the whole competition, can't remember who that was though)
    That was Dan.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast