Style
    ("lapsed")
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Self-Defense, Bullshido and the Other 3/4

The more I read, here, the more I like it here.

Now, people have told me that proper self-defense consisted of: Awareness/Avoidance, Escape, De-escalation and physical techniques. (and then, of course, common sense stuff like "understand the law where you are")

I get about 'aliveness', and the importance of working outside of the comfort zone- when applied to technique.

Obviously, though- you could get equivalents of McDojoing and Bullshido in de-escalation (ie, "talking someone down" in a way that makes things worse), Escape ('turn your back and run'), or even awareness training.

I was wondering if it's possible to apply the same razor to those things that LARPers get on technique? Is it even possible for "aliveness" to exist in de-escalation training, since anyone training you would have to pretend to be 'escalated' to begin with?

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We knew you could do it! Smoot posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

Style
    Wado Kai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judge for yourself:

http://www.verbaljudo.com/kata/
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.