Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 9:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BEING A FNG AGAIN F--KING SUCKS!!!

I'm so out of fucking shape I'm winded and going on fumes and sheer will, so I'm sloppy as hell.

Obviously it'll get better as time goes on, hell I got complemented on my "athleticism" and intensity.. but not my technique. Everyone always said I hustled well in high school sports.

Nobody said I was good at any thing else! :laughing9

But like, arm-barring from the mount... I SUCK. I don't position right so the purple belt I was drilling with could just snap his arm out of it with a quick move of his upper arm and I sucked at squeezing my legs enough so that I could get enough leverage to do it. My thighs are completely on fire right now from me trying ANYWAY.

The whole knee slide up under the shoulder thing? More than anything I found myself jabbing the side of his head with my kneecap in a clumsy way. Eventually I found myself just kind of leaning over on top of him to do it right. Then again, I was sloppy and exhausted after a days work... lol.

Ironically, from the guard I'm not nearly that shitty. Ho Hum.

For my height I have very long arms and legs, is this a factor? Also my feet are size 14 and I tend to get them caught on various parts of anatomy trying to maneuver. Is it just practice and moving my hips to the right place to get around that?

Also uh are there any good calisthenics to help for mount work? (Joke opportunity left in here because laughing is good for you).

NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW: I WENT INACTIVE FOR YEARS. I'M BACK AGAIN. I FORGOT EVERYTHING!
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 9:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    start with BW Squats & Hindu or Divebomber Pushups. Bear crawls are great for floor work, make you fast when on all fours. When you're ready & if you want to, move up to pistols & pull/chin-ups & dips. Get some bridging & tablemakers in there, too. If you want to do weights, do some kettlebell work or olympic lifts.
    Go get the jump rope out & do some work.

How much do you weigh? BF% if you know?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6' and with a soaking wet gi on about 195. But I don't LOOK 195, I look more like 170.

I guess its lead between my ears?

BF% is probably ridiculous.

BTW could you describe um.. everything you just mentioned in more detail?
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Google would probably be your best bet. You can find everything I mentioned in less than 15min.

& it'll save me 15min...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 6:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tight armbar from mount (when your opponent doesn't just give it to you) is much harder than from guard, don't worry too much about it. In time, you'll get it to work... ask a higher belt to walk you through it, it's much easier for them to see the small mistakes.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 9:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a purple to do so. Props to him for putting up with me, lol.

The problem was I was so winded when I was doing it I couldn't be smooth, I had to literally shove my own weight around (gogo force of will!) and I was sloppy as hell. The other part is he was a 150# asian guy and I'm a 6' 180# white boy with really long arms and I felt like I was leaning PAST him, not ON him trying to do it.

I guess its just a tough technique to do right. I was immediately good at throwing off and rolling onto his leg if he gave the opening trying to do the armbar himself at least!