Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 10:26am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wired Blogs looks at George Dillman and pressure-points

Maybe someone wants to post a link to our investigation on Dillman? Comment on the videos?

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...l-arts-or.html

I don't dispute that martial artists can render a volunteer unconscious with a relatively gentle touch during a carefully-controlled demonstration. But I wonder how compliant the assistant must be.

Perhaps the underlying principle at work here is the power of suggestion rather than causing an overload to the nervous system or using a jedi mind trick.

If this method of fighting is so effective, why isn't it used in mixed martial arts competitions? Perhaps because it takes years to master, is too dangerous to use on a delicate cage fighter, or can be countered by an unintentional wiggle of the tongue or toe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 12:04pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judah Maccabee
    Maybe someone wants to post a link to our investigation on Dillman? Comment on the videos?

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...l-arts-or.html
    I watched the video clip in that link through to then end, when they tried the no chi knock-out on a 120lb scientist and strangely it didn't work! It was then that Dillman suggested the scientist may have unwittingly discovered the counter to his chi knock-out: "If you point one of your big toes straight up and press the other flat, then the chi knock will not work"

The fool he'll never be able to knock-out anyone else again! I for one will always keep one big-toe pointed up, whenever I'm around anyone who claims to be a chi master, from now on.

:book1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 12:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dillman also claimed that the knockout didn't work because the subject was a "total non-believer." I can't imagine what I would have for a self defense technique that needs to be explained to my assailant beforehand.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 12:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd love to go to one of those "chi knockout" seminars, then, when the guy tries to demo on me, leap to my fight and begin speaking in tongues (throwing in "Praise God!" for every other line of gibberish.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 1:33pm

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Spector
    Dillman also claimed that the knockout didn't work because the subject was a "total non-believer." I can't imagine what I would have for a self defense technique that needs to be explained to my assailant beforehand.
    Yeah, I ignored that because it was the correct answer. I think Dillman realised this too and that heĎd kind of blown the gig with that slip, which is why he started rambling on about big toes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 3:36pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    .... when the guy tries to demo on me, leap to my fight and begin speaking in tongues (throwing in "Praise God!" for every other line of gibberish.
    Then you might be picked up for TUF.... and have a crazy wife flip out on you as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 9:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And another thing, that test subject guy looks like a Star Trek fan. A Jedi Master like Dillman should know you can't use the force on a Trekkie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 9:53pm

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, why bother to bring these threads back to life and trash the same old **** again?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 1:14am

Style: Tae Kwon Did

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We should attend this guy's classes to learn the no touch knockout. All we need to do is develop a kind of big stomach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZjHAijc0k
    Last edited by avenger; 10/26/2007 12:19pm at .

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was obviously fake. And I know this because Obi-Wan never had to yell in order to hit with the Force. You can rest assured that if you see some guy with fluffy caterpiller brows in an orange wifebeater shouting at sword-weilding disciples, he's fake.

A real master doesn't have to yell.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12