Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 2:57pm

Style: chaos

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Everytime I hear the guys name I think of lasagna, its horrible.
    Why did you guys get into it with that group? Don't they have a different lineage to Keehan?
    Sorry about the name it was from mountain biking . Don't ask the story would not believe it.
    I got in from my dad who was a direct student of Keehan for 8 year's . He was one of the guy's who went to Chicago and brought all of Keehan stuff here.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 11:07am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lamokio
    Sorry about the name it was from mountain biking . Don't ask the story would not believe it.
    I got in from my dad who was a direct student of Keehan for 8 year's . He was one of the guy's who went to Chicago and brought all of Keehan stuff here.
    dsimon writes:

I am still trying to figure out who trained von Stoffel. I understand grand master federations but I don't get who actually trained Stoffel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 11:13am

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dsimon writes:

I am still trying to figure out who trained von Stoffel. I understand grand master federations but I don't get who actually trained Stoffel.
    Seriously - why do you think you can determine who trained him? I mean, if you search and search and come up with no one, will you assume he trained *himself*? I've seen him at least do sword work and in my opinion he shows ALL the signs of having never really never trained under anyone. :eatbabies

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dsimon writes:

Stoffel trained with no one at all. Superman trained with more Dante student's than Stoffel

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:28pm

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tl; dr
    My old Aikido instructor was one of the SA black dragon guys from before Stoffel, all I can work out from the varying stories I've heard is that its Aikido and Jiu Jitsu with massive amounts of politics and bullshit. My instructor claimed that what he taught in his Koga Days was just Aikido with strikes.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 7:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See when you guys say SA . I think of the German brown shirts. Hey Stoffel Van Vureen is Ernest Rhome. And just as Gay.

That will ruffle some feathers

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 2:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoo
    Seriously - why do you think you can determine who trained him? I mean, if you search and search and come up with no one, will you assume he trained *himself*? I've seen him at least do sword work and in my opinion he shows ALL the signs of having never really never trained under anyone. :eatbabies
    regardlless... he CLAIMS somebody trained him right? Who does he claim trained him is the question.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 8:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I think this is his story.

Soke (Professor) Stoffel van Vuuren is a well known Martial Artist of long standing with 39 years of experience, trained in Rising Sun Shotokan Karate, South African Ju Jitsu, Atemi-Jitsu and Koga Ryu Ninjitsu. Soke Stoffel van Vuuren has trained with Grandmaster Shihan Barry Pictor and Soke Ben Mangels, Master Johan Gerber, Master Ken Wittstock, Master Stan Smith and Grandmaster Art Furnari.

Soke van Vuuren is a 10th Dan Ninjitsu, 6th Dan Ju-Jitsu, 1st Dan Atemi Jitsu, 10th Dan JKA Shotokan, Master Instructor Yang Tai Chi Chuan and Guru Kali / Escrima, 5th Degree Yamaguchi Karate - India as well as 8th Degree Shaolin Temple Master, also 5th Degree Poison Hand System.

Soke Stoffel van Vuuren, Prof, Ph'D, D.Sc. is also a nominee for Grandmaster Instructor by Soke Council International 2003, and is listed in the Hall of Fame 2001 AFMA, including various other Hall Of Fame`s.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 2:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lamokio
    Soke (Professor) Stoffel van Vuuren is a well known Martial Artist of long standing with 39 years of experience, trained in Rising Sun Shotokan Karate, South African Ju Jitsu, Atemi-Jitsu and Koga Ryu Ninjitsu. Soke Stoffel van Vuuren has trained with Grandmaster Shihan Barry Pictor and Soke Ben Mangels, Master Johan Gerber, Master Ken Wittstock, Master Stan Smith and Grandmaster Art Furnari.

Soke van Vuuren is a 10th Dan Ninjitsu, 6th Dan Ju-Jitsu, 1st Dan Atemi Jitsu, 10th Dan JKA Shotokan, Master Instructor Yang Tai Chi Chuan and Guru Kali / Escrima, 5th Degree Yamaguchi Karate - India as well as 8th Degree Shaolin Temple Master, also 5th Degree Poison Hand System.

Soke Stoffel van Vuuren, Prof, Ph'D, D.Sc. is also a nominee for Grandmaster Instructor by Soke Council International 2003, and is listed in the Hall of Fame 2001 AFMA, including various other Hall Of Fame`s.
    Thanks Lamokio. Its as I thought. A group of grandmasters with no credible connection to any recognizable source.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 2:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation for all to come and train in my art of Koga Ryu Ninjutsu. I am a grandmaster and went through a secret initiation where the words "grandmaster were tatood on my ass around my anus which represents the sacred hole of Kali. I also have in my possession a tin throne to sit upon, well I can't actually sit upon it, but it is a tin throne and I have a sand mountain on which to put my tin throne.

I am the grand poo paa of my sand mountain and anyone on this thread may be minimasters or, we could make an arraingement where you guys are grand masters and I am the supreme grand master.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast