Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 4:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

its fun

to come every now and then and see what a stir the tornado caused its fun. How would it matter. nobody leaves any info about them. i could say my child was half dog and i was cat with oval eyes. it don't matter cause anyone can cancel their anamous account and open a new one and become someone else. You start a fake identity here. unless you let all your info go. and i have seen that with noone. nobody talks to each other like this in facebook, or myspace. for example. and everyone wants to stay anamous. I have seen no meetups other than at hooters or drunk throwdowns. I don't get it.
    I train with some good people, and if i need a new style or body, i travel to another gym, on the east side, or in Lapeer, or wherever, for a day to change it up. I don't like gyms that are pompus, and secretive. I find them funny. And I find schools that don't spar and fight funny also. not bad just something i can't get into. There should be a competition minded universal philosophy with likeminded confident individulas. Like my friends and i have with other schools.
    You get to know people through competition, seminars and putting your self out there. I'm down with those who like to step into the kitchen and take the fire. we also have a bjj/csw team to compete with different schools. Why don't ya'll form a team and therefore you can compete more than 1 time every 6 months. Thats not enough for me, you got to go to a gym that likes and trains to compete so you can surround yourself with that atmosphere, and do it 4-5 times a week.
    So from the green irony monster, its fun to play.
    I still think the add is oxymoronic and funny. but the post would have made more sense under the dojo review. .......it all matters.....

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Chineese Japaneese kids from Okenawa?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 4:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful Diablo
    to come every now and then and see what a stir the tornado caused its fun. How would it matter. nobody leaves any info about them. i could say my child was half dog and i was cat with oval eyes.
    Actually it matters because you brought up race twice now. You brought it up in the OP and the post I quoted. I'm figuring out if you are defending your kids honor (which is stupid) or if you are defending your race (which is stupid).

it don't matter cause anyone can cancel their anamous account and open a new one and become someone else. You start a fake identity here. unless you let all your info go. and i have seen that with noone. nobody talks to each other like this in facebook, or myspace. for example. and everyone wants to stay anamous. I have seen no meetups other than at hooters or drunk throwdowns. I don't get it.
    You are going to talk about anonymous then use face book and Myspace as glowing examples of non-anonymous membership?

Bwahahahaahahahaha. You realize no one took this post seriously in the first place?

One thing we do know is a fact. Some of those profiles are Undercover Plants and others are Pedos looking for children.

So that destroys this weak attempt at an argument.

I train with some good people, and if i need a new style or body, i travel to another gym, on the east side, or in Lapeer, or wherever, for a day to change it up. I don't like gyms that are pompus, and secretive. I find them funny. And I find schools that don't spar and fight funny also. not bad just something i can't get into. There should be a competition minded universal philosophy with likeminded confident individulas. Like my friends and i have with other schools.
    You don't train. We already established you lack intelligence.

You get to know people through competition, seminars and putting your self out there. I'm down with those who like to step into the kitchen and take the fire. we also have a bjj/csw team to compete with different schools. Why don't ya'll form a team and therefore you can compete more than 1 time every 6 months. Thats not enough for me, you got to go to a gym that likes and trains to compete so you can surround yourself with that atmosphere, and do it 4-5 times a week.
    So from the green irony monster, its fun to play.
    I still think the add is oxymoronic and funny. but the post would have made more sense under the dojo review. .......it all matters.....
    You live there you lazy **** go review the school yourself.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 5:44pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love to see how fired up over something that means nothing...here's something to get fired up about...The Georgia Guidestones, mass geoncide, eugenics, patriot act, no win police wars, and 911 being an inside job...lets start there.

and i still laugh at the add.
    That's what Sociocide is for. Your login and password are already set-up there.

On Woodward at 14 mile in royal oak michigan, there is a billboard for the Moosehead Okenowan collection with a picture of kung fu students at the Chineese school of martial arts. Kung fu isnt japaneese either. Robert Brown is marketing like a madman, oh how people love those asians. but dont know 1 from 2. anyone else see this ad? notice it?
    I drive by this billboard all the time and it drives me crazy. An "Okinawa Collection" add with people in tai-chi outfits. That's a picture from Brown's? That'll make me just hate it more as I drive by it a few times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape
    I meant to add this earlier..

Racism.. ban plz
    I think he was just reading Errant108's line on the review page:

"Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck."

Diablo, if you can get a picture and post it that might help illustrate your point. I really need to see if I can upload the "Karate Pets" picture I took this week from a mini-mall I've lived by for years but never noticed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: working and schooling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's painfully obvious that you, Artful Diablo, aren't a Tracy Morgan fan.....or a Jay and Silent Bob fan........or a spellcheck fan..........or a grammar fan..........or a breadfan( I have no idea what that means). Just what the hell are you trying to say, broseph?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 11:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

thanks for clarifying Dagon. Don't understand the ettique here.

[\QUOTE]
    I drive by this billboard all the time and it drives me crazy. An "Okinawa Collection" add with people in tai-chi outfits. That's a picture from Brown's? That'll make me just hate it more as I drive by it a few times a week.

I think he was just reading Errant108's line on the review page:

"Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck."
    [/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it any better. Well, i didn't say it clearly anyway. Thanks for clarifying Dagon. You da man. how ya been? the billboard makes me wince everytime i see it. as i don't care for brown much either. i did my own review under the thread also.

Just gotta say i love the site. a site where you can yell at each other all day over opinionated topics, and if you don't like what their saying or understand them, you can actaully chalange them to a real fight. And the site covers and glorfies it. This is real bullying. Its helarious. Should be a TV show.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 12:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't have said it any better. Well, i didn't say it clearly anyway.
    Exactly, so it is confirmed you don't make any sense.
    Thanks for clarifying Dagon. You da man. how ya been? the billboard makes me wince everytime i see it. as i don't care for brown much either. i did my own review under the thread also.

Just gotta say i love the site. a site where you can yell at each other all day over opinionated topics, and if you don't like what their saying or understand them, you can actaully chalange them to a real fight. And the site covers and glorfies it. This is real bullying. Its helarious. Should be a TV show.
    You are still here, posting on this board, whining about how low we are.

Damn this **** is really eating at you.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 1:15pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't have said it any better. Well, i didn't say it clearly anyway. Thanks for clarifying Dagon. You da man. how ya been? the billboard makes me wince everytime i see it. as i don't care for brown much either. i did my own review under the thread also.

Been travelling around a lot lately going to _ing _un seminars on weekends. Next weekend is the Detroit Anime-con, Youmacon, and my kung-fu school is doing most of the security. Our job will consist of telling old, creepy men to stop touching the young cosplay girls.

I should be able to get down to Saturday in another 2 weeks, if you want to twist my arms apart in embarrassing positions again. Two of my "TUF Noob" friends dressed like "Ultimate Fighters" at a costume party last night. They'll probably give a bunch of excuses again as to why they can't come with me. They had TapouT shirts and 4-oz gloves. Jeezus.

Oh, and I made myself an awesome Domo-kun costume and won the costume contest. I should do security at the Anime-con in it.

Dagon

Posted On:
    10/27/2007 4:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Saw the billboard for the first time last week. I couldn't believe my eyes. Yes, that is a photo from that school. I swear that guy will stop at nothing to market himself.

Does it really matter? Yes -- I hope the people in the photograph got some compensation for their faces being used in a huge billboard advertisement like that. But, based upon how I remember things went there, they're probably expected to provide it for FREE.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123