232709 Bullies, 3605 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/23/2007 6:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Important PT Threads You Need to Read. El Macho es Muy Perezoso

Last edited by Teh El Macho; 5/08/2008 4:45pm at .

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hear ye, hear ye, you meathedz.

FYI, this is in response to some posts that I felt forced to move to trollshido. Though I want people to freely participate and make the PT forums productive and informative for all while even giving space for comedy relief, there gotta be an understanding of rules that so far have been implicit.

You can see my full response, if you so desire, here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...84&postcount=4

Let me put this clearly so that none of you miss it. These forums are moderated.

Within reason, people here are free and welcome to ask any reasonable questions, however simple they may look to you, on physical training, health and diet, irrespective of whether their questions are related to martial arts training or not.

Do not believe the saying that there are no stupid questions. There are stupid questions. However, that doesn't mean every simple question is stupid, and people treating them as such for no apparent reason, trolling and just making no sense at all, will not be tolerated.

• If you intend on trolling or derailing someone's thread simply because you feel it's not related enough to WHAT YOU THINK is a martial arts topic without you having a good reason to do so, I'll throw you out.
    • If you feel incline to post-whore a noob's thread without even giving the courtesy of reading the thread you are replying, that is, if you are nothing but a noise-to-signal amplifier, I'll throw you out.
    • If you don't know the difference between bodybuilding and strenght training, and if you feel inclined to troll people because you are too fucking stupid to know the difference, I'll throw you out.
    • If you create a retarded thread here simply because you are bored or seeking attention, I'll throw you out.

Not every poster here is a pro-fighter. There are posters that train 6 days a week. Many are simply hobbyists. Others just train two. Others are retired due to injuries. Others are just getting their toes wet in MA not knowing if this is for them for the rest of their lives or if they'll just give it a try for a few months. Others are coming back after a long hiatus.

Some will have PT/health/diet questions related to their MA training, however intensive or sporadic their MA training is.

Others will have PT/health/diet questions not related to their MA training, but that may affect their everyday life (and thus may affect their MA training, however intensive or sporadic it may be.)

And there is nothing wrong with that, and in fact it's supported. As long as people are not trying to pass themselves for who they are not, nor making claims that defy reason, empirical evidence and what we currently know by science, they are welcomed.

And that's is how it is. If you don't like it, then simply stay out.

Nobody is forcing you to participate or reply. There is plenty of rope in YMAS or trollshido. for you to hang yourself with.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 11/01/2007 4:38pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A new thread has been linked which consolidates all other main threads on stretching, myofascial release and injury prevention/recovery.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris