Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too fast too soon = stress fractures or tendon strains. but that's probably not the case. If you have good insurance it may be worth it to get checked out.

Also try this: http://www.roguerunning.com/resource...ils.php?aid=76

(if anyone else saved that PDF file I'd love to see it again. It's pretty much the same info as that site but with diagrams and ****. diagrams!)
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 5:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It wouldn't hurt (pun intended) to invest in some good orthotics. I've spent years and bucks on ones from Spenco and Dr. Scholl's, and finally went to the Good Feet Store. Big bucks but they're the bomb diggity. I also know lots of guys who got custom made ones (from a doctor) that do the same thing and used their medical plan by claiming it was work related.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 9:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Though my job has me sitting around most of the day, I love it and my insurance plan is one of the reasons why. There's an Ideal Feet (used to be Good Feet) store around here, and I'll definitely have to look into that.

I'm also intrigued by this pdf. I hope it turns up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 5:14am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How tight do you tie your laces? I know from experience that if i tie my shoes up to tight, especially rugby boots, that my feet start to ache and cramp. Goes away if I loosen them up. Probably not whats happening to you but just something to think about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 5:54am

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats your diet like? Having an electrolyte imbalance can cause cramps, especially if your potassium or calcium intake is too low. Calcium is pretty easy to fix just drink milk everyday. For potassium I've found V8 to be the most convenient choice. Supplement pills for it are pretty much worthless as they only have like 3% of the daily value for 2000 cal/day (and you probably need way more than this if you're working out often) while a can of V8 has like 30% of the 2000 cal/day value.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 8:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The laces are generally loose, so I doubt that's the problem.

My diet has me attempting to take in around 3000 calories a day, which I know I'm far, far under. I've always been a heavy milk drinker, but you could be right about the potassium. From what I've read, that and magnesium have a lot to do with cramps. Thanks again for the advice!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12