Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 6:04pm

Style: many; box,TKD,croty,BJJ..

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes bigtime. Wycleff is a friggin' enigma. And, I doubt he'd need to crawl around a roach house to boost his intelect. Prince- he probably has lightning shooting out of his eyes- pretty sure he's a sith lord (or some kind of __ lord at the very least). I would imagine seeing is entourage entering any place, it would be like the scene from Aladin with Prince Ali. These men- Not even in the same class as the great greasy one :lol: He needs sobre bodyguards to take the hits for him. He'd be a great MMA persona though.

He is still an amazing bar band gone nuts guy though. I like him. He has his charms, I'd jam with him any day, that would be a blast.
    Last edited by praetorian01; 10/24/2007 6:09pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 9:30pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha the video for cowboy is like 20 seconds shorter censored - that's awesome
    it has ron jeremy getting punched out by gary coleman - that's awesome
    it's full of tramps in camaros - that's awesome.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 9:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Capoeira/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by praetorian01
    Yes bigtime. Wycleff is a friggin' enigma. And, I doubt he'd need to crawl around a roach house to boost his intelect. Prince- he probably has lightning shooting out of his eyes- pretty sure he's a sith lord (or some kind of __ lord at the very least). I would imagine seeing is entourage entering any place, it would be like the scene from Aladin with Prince Ali. These men- Not even in the same class as the great greasy one :lol: He needs sobre bodyguards to take the hits for him. He'd be a great MMA persona though.

He is still an amazing bar band gone nuts guy though. I like him. He has his charms, I'd jam with him any day, that would be a blast.
    Dammit praetorian (nice name btw) Now I'm picturing Prince on TUF and can't stop laughing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:23pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Also, the polyfuse method was arguably the first "rap-metal" album ever

So if you like any of that ****, you owe kid rock a dollar.
    Rage Against the Machine did it before he did, and they did it a hell of a lot better. I'm no Kid Rock hater, but let's give credit where it's due :glasses1:

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrett
    Rage Against the Machine did it before he did, and they did it a hell of a lot better. I'm no Kid Rock hater, but let's give credit where it's due :glasses1:
    They were also anti-capitalists that charged top dollar for their CDs and concerts =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    They were also anti-capitalists that charged top dollar for their CDs and concerts =P
    Actually, they played a ton of benefit concerts and donated a lot of money to various non-profits while they were still together. You may not agree with their politics, but they weren't hypocrites. Anyway, end of derail.

I will say that pioneering metal+rap isn't something that anyone should brag about. :dead:

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 10:47pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If we're playing this game, what about Faith no More? They have to be considered.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 11:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, they played a ton of benefit concerts and donated a lot of money to various non-profits while they were still together. You may not agree with their politics, but they weren't hypocrites. Anyway, end of derail.

I will say that pioneering metal+rap isn't something that anyone should brag about. :dead:
    Yes, they donated a lot of their money, but not all of it =P

I don't mean to antagonize anyone, I just like money.
    Last edited by Emevas; 10/25/2007 12:09am at .
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 12:37am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    . Kid toured with Ice Cube and too-short in 1989, then dropped (on pre BMG-Jive) in 1990 and promptly started fucking with the FCC, Rage dropped 2 years later.

and rage has always sucked. Seriously - rage is LAME. Rage is a guy yelling over slap guitar. That's not rap or metal, it's just...guitar, ruined by rhetoric. Slow-motion whine-rhymes wrapped around ONE good musician (Morello) and the sort of confused politics that lead kids working at starbucks to wear che shirts. So many bands do slap-funk better then them before and since . . . skunk anasie, fishbone, primus etc - they just had a big label and money-punk talk.

To me, Rap and metal are cultures as well as styles, and groups like Jane's Addiction, Faith no More, etc - those guys were using spoken word and heavy guitars, but they weren't rooted in either culture, they were coming from a more industrial place. Rage falls this way , too - they aren't "rapping," they aren't speaking to what rap was about at that time - yes, it's spoken, not sung, but that doesn't make it "rap" any more then a nixon speech is 'rap'.

Anthrax/public enemy and Aerosmith/Run DMC were the first experiments, but polyfuse was one of the first full length looks at the idea.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 10/25/2007 12:44am at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting...I know the meanings of every word you used in that post, but I still have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast