Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 12:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread was missing the mandatory one poster stating "he has the 4 realz, come down if yuise dare" entry. Thanks for cleaning things up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 11:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Sinmoo Hapkido, Bjj, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking through this schools info I don't see it as an original Hapkido rather there are elements of HKD and elements of other systems.

If you like that fine, but don't think you'll be learning the real stuff.

Real HKD comes through two lines Choi Yong Sool directly (unaltered) or Ji Han Jae (unaltered).

Many people take elements of HKD and mix it with what ever floats their boat and still call it HKD, but that's not authentic HKD.

There are big differences and the quality of tech often suffers greatly in Mc Hapkido Dojangs.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. Forgot about this thread entirely. Yeah, Ronin was correct in interpreting my definition of Ki/Chi in this context.

Didn't watch the video again, but if that dude was indeed taking about superhumanstrength-variety of Ki, then I stand by what I stated earlier.

And I'll go if you pay for the tickets. It's about 700-800 euros for a two way plane ticket. You can choose the hotel as long as it's at least 2 stars ;)
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    12/12/2008 5:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by American HKD
    Looking through this schools info I don't see it as an original Hapkido rather there are elements of HKD and elements of other systems.

Real HKD comes through two lines Choi Yong Sool directly (unaltered) or Ji Han Jae (unaltered).

Many people take elements of HKD and mix it with what ever floats their boat and still call it HKD, but that's not authentic HKD.

There are big differences and the quality of tech often suffers greatly in Mc Hapkido Dojangs.
    Shut The **** Up.

The only thing GM Ji Han Jae did was creating the name "Hapkido", that's all.
    GM Choi Yung Sul teached Hapki Yu Sul.
    GM Ji Han Jae was one of the ways to learn Hapkido, not the only way.

My master trained under Kim Bong Soo who trained under (and was the nephew of) Han Bong Soo who trained directly under Choi Yung Sul.

So STFU and return to MAP.
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 12/12/2008 6:00pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 12:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    Shut The **** Up.

The only thing GM Ji Han Jae did was creating the name "Hapkido", that's all.
    GM Choi Yung Sul teached Hapki Yu Sul.
    GM Ji Han Jae was one of the ways to learn Hapkido, not the only way.

My master trained under Kim Bong Soo who trained under (and was the nephew of) Han Bong Soo who trained directly under Choi Yung Sul.

So STFU and return to MAP.
    Your not well informed and profanity shows your ignorance and poor character.

Ji is by far the majority source of HKD in the world and Bong Soo Han was a student of Ji he may have seen Choi in some seminars. I have personally seen Master Ji's bok of rank containing the rank he received from GM Ji.

Han Bong Soo holds no rank from Choi which in Korean Arts is the sign of a Master/Student relationship. Many people claimed Choi was there teacher with no proof mainly after Choi died.

Remember this is Bullshido and your info is pure BS.

Go learn your fact and history then come back and talk intellegently.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many black belt generations did it take to get Hapkido to the WT-style lineage wars they seem to be in? How many generations did it take for WT/WC/Wx anyway, as a measuring stick?
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 6:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    How many black belt generations did it take to get Hapkido to the WT-style lineage wars they seem to be in? How many generations did it take for WT/WC/Wx anyway, as a measuring stick?
    What's WT,WC, etc...?

Lineage wars in HKD suck, many older Korean Masters tell me everyone likes to be the chief and no one like to be the indians.

Bong Soo Han for example was part of Ji Han Jae's group because outside of the Choi's Yu Sool (jujitsu) school Ji and Kim Moo Hong were the first people to introduce the Korean Kicks into Yu Sool and created the Main Hapkido System.

Master Han came to the US broke away from Korean Assoc. and started his own group though kept it very small. Recieved his 9th dan from Ji Han Jae as did many others.

Ji added kicks, spin heel kick (copied by everyone), weapons and philosophy thus making up the original form of HKD or Sinmoo HKD.

Many people changed and added this original style of Ji's like Myong Jae Nam mixing HKD with Aikido, others added forms, many do TKD styles kicks vs. the original HKD style kicks which are very different from TKD in execution.

Now even in Korea there are dozens of so called Original HKD styles, but over 90% go back to Ji Han Jae lineage, lesser to Kim Moo Hong, and a few that go to Choi Yong Sool (Yu Sool) but they also call their system Hapkido although it's purely Japanese Jujutsu.
    Last edited by American HKD; 12/13/2008 6:49pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 7:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun Wing Tsun.

Basically, everything you said in the post below, is considered a lineage war.

He is being sarcastic. Wing chun has existed for at least a a couple of hundred of years. HKD isn't a hundred years and the lineage wars are just as bad.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2008 8:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see thanks.

I know MA change and adapt that's to be expected, even GM Ji knows it and talks about it. We're far from blind to change.

Problem is when "just anybody" makes changes they're often just mixing arts pot luck style and they stir the pot but make no significant contribution to MA.

In every generation there's only a hand full of real special people the rest are follwers.

B. Lee, Ji Han Jae, J. Kano, H. Gracie, Ed Parker, Uyesiba, to name a few are rarities.

These people had a vision and depth to create something big and something worth while.

Some guy mixing Kung and HKD or Muay Thai and Bjj is not the same thing as the greats.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast