Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 9:00pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your just basing this belief on faith or have you seen Ki used in some way that you describe above?

What MA application would it have? If you believe it exists and has MA application then their must be proof somewhere to support your beliefs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 9:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    So your just basing this belief on faith or have you seen Ki used in some way that you describe above?

What MA application would it have? If you believe it exists and has MA application then their must be proof somewhere to support your beliefs.
    if you can't even feel it or see it slightly, I don't think you would ever understand

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 2:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in other words you're taking it's existence on faith and can't offer any proof.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 2:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Ronin 7.4,

Ki/Chi as an energy/force is a fable, it wouldn't make one lightbulp give light let alone be usefull as a technique in a fight.
    What ki training is... it is a way to get your mind " in the zone", nothing more, nothing less.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan
    Hello Ronin 7.4,

Ki/Chi as an energy/force is a fable, it wouldn't make one lightbulp give light let alone be usefull as a technique in a fight.
    What ki training is... it is a way to get your mind " in the zone", nothing more, nothing less.
    Believe me I am knowledgeable of several interpretations of Ki/Chi is. I was hoping to get a more concrete definition of what hankooknamja believed it to be and why.

I do appreciate your honesty regarding what it is and like your description.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 2:44pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Believe me I am knowledgeable of several interpretations of Ki/Chi is. I was hoping to get a more concrete definition of what hankooknamja believed it to be and why.

I do appreciate your honesty regarding what it is and like your description.

Thank you.

Greetz

Zendokan

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So in other words you're taking it's existence on faith and can't offer any proof.
    if that's what will make you feel better, go ahead.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 4:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hangooknamja88,

You're still a noob, so I'm going to be nice...for now.
    Post a KI/Chi thread in YMAS and defend it and a lot of people here will tear you a new a**hole. People with a lot more experience and training than you.
    And always back-up your sayings, so proof that ki works as an technique or shut up and do some more LURKING and reading.

And like I said, I was nice.

Greetz,

Zendokan

Posted On:
    4/01/2008 9:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In an attmemp to keep this thread on track. I went to the school for about a year. YEs it smells of mystical McDojo, but actually some of what is taught there is useful. I do want to say for the record that I do not train there any longer. I now do Kyokushin as I wished to become a better striker and train in a more "alive" setting. But the school in Manhattan is clean, well kept, the people are very nice and are hugely supportive. A lot of what I got out of it was based on the people I trained with. As a result I tended to show up to the classes to train with certain people. Also I foudn it very pricey. (My Kyokushin school has two pieces of cardio equipment, weights and when there is no class you can go hit the bags etc. and all for a reasonable price.) But as for the WMAC - they focus a lot on fundies and a lot of the students have gravitated there from other arts - some folks there are tremndous martial artists (there is a whole group of red belts when I was there that were really incredible and I learned sooo much being tossed around and kicked by them)- others were straight out of a McDojo. I really enjoyed my time there I just got priced out. Herbert is a good guy. He kept asking me why I wasn't testing for belts and I told him I couldn't afford it and he responded by saying, "Don't worry about not affording it - talk to me - we will work it out - don't test because you can't afford it - talk to me." I thought that was pretty cool and quite non-McDojo. On the down side it is Hapkido in philosphy which means jack of all trades - master of none - but the fundamentals they teach there are very sound and they carry you through everything else. If you like joint locks and tumbling with a lot of kicking drills then this place is for you. Also this school has gone thorugh a lot of changes. Back in the day when it was only in Brooklyn they had some really hard training and some amazing students. Since opening in Manhattan it has attracted a slightly where's my next belt?/McDojo crowd - which is not the schools fault - they need to pay the bills. Oh and there is an attitude of some of the people there that what they do there is superior to other martial arts and will save them in any situation. I had to keep from laughing out loud when one of the instructors, a 115 pound woman, was trying to get me to believe that she could throw anybody because the technique we were learning is so sound - well I was a competitve Judo player on the college/club tournament level and I outweighed her by about 80 pounds and she, like many many of the people there (BUT NOT ALL) could only get me to tap out when I was deciding to be a "good Uke." It's a "Get out of it what you put into it," kind of place and David Herbert is a stand up guy.

Posted On:
    12/09/2008 11:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eADpB_zUD5Q

It appears that late in the video we have a guy grabbing the instructor's lapel, and then we have the instructor seemingly go for the eyes, but WAIT... what's that? No touch knockdown? I'm not sure. I know it helps that he's obviously bigger than the dude doing the grab, but... Well, let me know what you think and get back to me.

look at his left foot!
    by the way; all you who have doubts about master herbert's school and style: I suggest you go there and see for yourself. I have been training there for a year now and I absolutely love the teachers, the dojang, the atmosphere and the master himself. Mudo!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast