Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/30/2008 10:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    My advice is that you shouldn't take seriously anyone who talks about Ki/Chi powers with a straight face. That video would make me consider another school.
    There is a physical technique involved in that takedown. He's just messing around with the hand jestures.

Also in response to the guy who was concerned that Herbert didn't know Chang Chinil. Most Hapkido dojangs only share a common name as the syles are loosely linked. I wouldn't stake too much on lineage in an art like this where everyone seems to claim their lineage is the best. Meet the master, take some intro classes and you'll know what's right for you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 8:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr
    I'm no expert on Hapkido, but

A) The wheelchair demonstration was pretty wtf.

and B) My advice is that you shouldn't take seriously anyone who talks about Ki/Chi powers with a straight face. That video would make me consider another school.
    Ki is legit.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 1:09pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88
    Ki is legit.
    Proof please.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 2:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    Proof please.
    how the hell do u expect me to prove this online?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 3:23pm

Style: Hapkido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ki is legit.
    Oh dear....

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how the hell do u expect me to prove this online?
    Vids of people performing techniques involving Ki would be nice. Perhaps you could provide your definition of what Ki is exactly? To alleviate confusion.

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 4:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hold on to something, massive thread derailment coming!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 4:38pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vids of people performing techniques involving Ki would be nice. Perhaps you could provide your definition of what Ki is exactly? To alleviate confusion.
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people or McDojo's make it out to be. Ki can be felt in a person's aura. I'm guessing that a few times, you have met a person who gave a strong impression. Or perhaps you can see it in their eyes and you can tell that this person is different than others. I'm not doing a terrific job of explaining it but I'm hoping some people understand what I'm trying to say. I suppose when they talk of controlling your ki, it could be explained something like releasing a certain amount of adrenaline willingly. It's rather hard to find anyone with a considerable amount of ki nowadays. With modern culture, it becomes harder to focus at all.

does that somewhat make sense?

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people or McDojo's make it out to be. Ki can be felt in a person's aura. I'm guessing that a few times, you have met a person who gave a strong impression. Or perhaps you can see it in their eyes and you can tell that this person is different than others. I'm not doing a terrific job of explaining it but I'm hoping some people understand what I'm trying to say. I suppose when they talk of controlling your ki, it could be explained something like releasing a certain amount of adrenaline willingly. It's rather hard to find anyone with a considerable amount of ki nowadays. With modern culture, it becomes harder to focus at all.

does that somewhat make sense?
    So are you saying that it has MA application or not?

When hpr stated, "My advice is that you shouldn't take seriously anyone who talks about Ki/Chi powers with a straight face. That video would make me consider another school."
    I assume that he is referring to people who claim to be able to use Ki/Chi power to fend off attackers or give themselves superhuman power when performing technique.

I agree with him that this kind of thinking is laughable. When you say that Ki is legit you are siding with the people who think Ki/Chi can be used to accomplish superhuman feats. So is that what you believe?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/31/2008 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you saying that it has MA application or not?

When hpr stated, "My advice is that you shouldn't take seriously anyone who talks about Ki/Chi powers with a straight face. That video would make me consider another school."
    I assume that he is referring to people who claim to be able to use Ki/Chi power to fend off attackers or give themselves superhuman power when performing technique.

I agree with him that this kind of thinking is laughable. When you say that Ki is legit you are siding with the people who think Ki/Chi can be used to accomplish superhuman feats. So is that what you believe?
    i do believe that it has MA application.
    I'm not saying that harnessing ki will make us super human freaks, but it is applicable to exert more than a normal amount fo strength
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast