Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 7:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hap ki do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you know my school whats yours I would like to chexck it out. read over the messages you will find where you disagreed with my version of hap ki do history

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 7:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah this is what you are doing. You might want to take your " preaching" to another website.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2011 9:53am

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
    You idiot its all past tense , its a message board, its after you typed it and time elapsed unlike a text which is current conversation.
    Written like a true noob.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2011 9:58am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do enjoy that typing a post and hitting "send" is a different tense than typing a text message and hitting "send."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2011 10:26am

Style: TKD/ TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I do enjoy that typing a post and hitting "send" is a different tense than typing a text message and hitting "send."
    It's such a well framed argument. How could you possibly disagree?

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:06am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonis View Post
    Hello, I studied Hapkido for five years, that does not look like Hapkido as I know it, not that its incorrect, it just does not look familiar.

I recommend more research on the instructors back ground and what hyugns he is using.
    It looks as though he was doing taiji forms. As for the lady with the fan, that was a kung fu form, that she learned in her other training (I believe that was Instructor Sze who was noted for having training in Chinese arts). Over all it is HKD. What branch..not sure.

The red flag in my mind was the lapel grab followed by the no-touch knock down. I can only hope that they were being funny. If not stay the hell away from that place. Because if they believe they can teach you how to stop a man without touching him...they are full of crap.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ki is legit.
    Ki is legit, but when using the term Ki as some incomprehensible energy that you can use to stop people in their tracks without touching them, it is bullshit plain and simple.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you... I have a new quote. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But people want to learn from an Asian and when its not they start off a non-believer...
    Are you kidding me...are you seriously playing a race card here? Not sure how it is in your..ummm..hood, but where I am from they just walk into a school regardless of the instructor. I have yet have anyone come in to our school, ran by a old white guy, then turn around and say...no thanks his eyes are too round for me to believe he knows martial arts.
    Honestly, that is the worse use of a race card I have seen in awhile.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have no idea what your talking about Hap Ki Do= Daito Ryu Aki-jujutsu along with all korean arts
    Technically speaking, unless your instructor learned directly under GM Choi, and even his history is in speculation, you are not learning Aikijitsu as taught by GM Takeda. Making claims that modern HKD = AJ is like making a claim that TKD=Karate. It may may have had its roots there but has grown into its own persona long ago.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast