221996 Bullies, 4323 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,758

    Posted On:
    10/22/2007 9:03am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington
    He doesn't mean doctor, he means "doctor." Herbs and bone-setting and meridians and nonsense.
    Herbs work.
    Bone-setting works (it is still done ).

    Nonsense came later.


    If he is talking about past Masters there wasn't much nonsense involved. If he is talking now he is an idiot.

    Principles=Arrogance in many kung fu schools nowadays. It is used as a way to justify poor training.
  2. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,472

    Posted On:
    10/22/2007 10:10am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chinese medicine used to be a meritocracy. If your stuff didn't work, you would not have a good reputation as a doctor and nobody would want to be treated by you.
  3. Partezan is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    103

    Posted On:
    10/22/2007 7:53pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Opedus
    Traditionally many Kung Fu Sifus were chinese medicinal practioners. My style included teaches the medicine as part of the curriculum. Think of how many styles use Dit Da Jow. That's an herbal remedy that is used worldwide by many different styles, and is made by chinese medicinal practioners. My Sifu makes the Jow as will I when i get to that level. You really shouldn't assume that something is dribbled crap when you have never been in a style that does teach the medicine.


    Hit the submit evidentally after macho admitted not knowing of sifus and doctors . Sorry macho
    Dit Da Jow is easy to make, you don't need level, just get a list of ingridients, go to your local chinese herbalist and pay $10 or whatever for them, seal them in a jar with some strong spirits and wait a month or two

    One of the things chinese systems like to do is to keep everything secret so while you are waiting to get to a certain level your sifu is probably charging you $50 per bottle, just get a list of ingredients off the net and buy the stuff yourself, chinese herbs are so cheap
  4. Partezan is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    103

    Posted On:
    10/22/2007 7:58pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW I found out what the guy meant by principals, basicaly he meant things like hitting your oponent when he is moveing and off balance and keeping your oponents hands below yours, i sent him a message saying that all that stuff is already general knowlege in other martial arts but people just dont catagorize those things and call them principals, they just tell you, hit the guy when he is going back or to get the persons hands down or too not use the same attack over and over again but to change so your opponent doesnt get used to it

    He didn't list anything mystical yet, maby he is keeping those principals secret
    Last edited by Partezan; 10/22/2007 8:01pm at .
  5. Opedus is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chester, SC
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    10/23/2007 8:24am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Lai Tung Pai Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sifu doesn't charge for the Jow. Each style makes it a little differently and if you don't do it right then your not going to get the use out of it. All liniments he makes are free to his students. He doesn't sell them commercially. The simple fact is we don't learn the medicine until a later level. For what reason I don't know. I've found with everything else there has been a reason I learned it in that order.
    Last edited by Opedus; 10/23/2007 8:33am at .
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,758

    Posted On:
    10/23/2007 9:34am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partezan
    all that stuff is already general knowlege in other martial arts but people just dont catagorize those things and call them principals,
    Yes they are categorized in other arts including Sport arts. They are called fighting strategies not principles.

    He didn't list anything mystical yet, maby he is keeping those principals secret
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/principal
    most important, consequential, or influential : chief
    The reason is "principals" is plural like "The secondary school principals had a meeting down town."

    When you say "principle" (please notice the spelling) people equate it to this definition:
    (1): a rule or code of conduct.[/quote]

    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/principle

    So, if he is using "principal" send him the above link. If it is you, now you know which one to use.
  7. Teh El Macho is offline
    Teh El Macho's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Posts
    11,762

    Posted On:
    10/23/2007 10:21am

    supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partezan
    BTW I found out what the guy meant by principals, basicaly he meant things like hitting your oponent when he is moveing and off balance and keeping your oponents hands below yours, i sent him a message saying that all that stuff is already general knowlege in other martial arts but people just dont catagorize those things and call them principals, they just tell you, hit the guy when he is going back or to get the persons hands down or too not use the same attack over and over again but to change so your opponent doesnt get used to it

    He didn't list anything mystical yet, maby he is keeping those principals secret
    Well, that just goes to show the guy doesn't know what the **** he's talking about. Everything he described as unique to his system already exists in other martial arts.

    As a matter of fact, any uber-aggressive, untrained scrapper worth its salt would know those things (or at least some of it) empirically.

    He may not have spoken about mystical stuff, but the fact that he was willing to make assumptions and judgements on things that he doesn't know... and on top of that, to give you a lecture on why he would never learn other MA's (based on a faulty assumption) is a perfect example of the nefarious and ubiquitous bullshit that plagues martial arts.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

    My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

    New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

    t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

    The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
  8. Partezan is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    103

    Posted On:
    10/23/2007 10:07pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Opedus
    My sifu doesn't charge for the Jow. Each style makes it a little differently and if you don't do it right then your not going to get the use out of it. All liniments he makes are free to his students. He doesn't sell them commercially. The simple fact is we don't learn the medicine until a later level. For what reason I don't know. I've found with everything else there has been a reason I learned it in that order.
    Fair enuf, i knwo of at least one guy who charges money for it and much more than the amount it costs to make, you have one of the good guys training you
  9. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    10/23/2007 10:38pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knowing advanced first aid is nowhere near equivalent to being a doctor - not even in China.


    I learned how to set broken bones when I was 13 years old (Civil Defense courses FTW). I learned the proper dosages for Aspirin, Tylenol, various antiboitics, and cough medicines when I was 9 (father a doc and mother a nurse FTW).

    Does this make me a doctor? Of course not.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 10/23/2007 10:43pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  10. Mor Sao is offline
    Mor Sao's Avatar

    Nothing for Show, All for use

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    1,560

    Posted On:
    10/24/2007 7:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partezan
    Fair enuf, i knwo of at least one guy who charges money for it and much more than the amount it costs to make, you have one of the good guys training you
    There have been many people who have charged outrageous prices for injury liniments over the years.

    That was one of the main reasons I started to sell my medicines publically. You can make 4 gallons of medicine from me for less than what you would pay for 4 gallons of the little bottles that are sold here in the USA.

    Buyer beware, not all Chinese herb stores have safe herbs. many are so treated with sulfur and other things that its always worth your while to find a decent herb store.

    Springwind in CA is a good one that has clean herbs that are tested.

    Kamwo in NYC is another good one.

    Mayway has many claims on their bags of herbs that they are metal free as well as being sulfur free.







Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.