Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 8:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Grappling schools in Guildford,UK

Im moving to guildford as my missus has a new job and im looking for strength and con coaching work in the area, obviously i want to find a new grappling school + training partners in the area, ive been in touch with andy roberts (roger gracie brown belt) but he holds one class a week in woking.

Also found these guys http://www.taijutsukai.co.uk/ have a school in guildford, from what ive seen they do alot of competition which is great. Anyone know of anywhere else i should look?

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work in guildford :D

Epsom - sleeping storm. They got BJJ and Judo, for Judo they got Ray Stevens :has been an Olympic Silver medalist 1992, Commonwealth Champion 1986/1990, three times British Champion and a European Silver medalist. For BJJ they got Ricardo Da Silva, whose apperantly done well in comps and mma stuff. Couldnt find much more info on him though.

And if you for the train as much as you want for 50 (could be 55) you could pick up Muay Thai and/or boxing for no extra. I plan to start there as soon as I sort out my funds.

www.sleepingstorm.com

Theres a jijutsu school in guildford but after talking to them I remain unconvinced. Very. There is also a kickboxing club floating about and a few months ago one of there members told me they were looking to sort out some BJJ, dont know if thats started though.
    Last edited by Jadonblade; 10/21/2007 9:07am at .

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 9:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your really hardcore they got some pilates as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 11:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sleeping storm look really good, very slick set up it seems, if they have a decent free weights gym all the better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2007 9:17am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There only limited free weights at Sleeping Storm (unless things have changed since August). As well as Andy Roberts class in Woking I think there's a sub grappling class in Camberley. Might be worth a look over at SFUK to see what there is.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train at Sleeping Storm sometimes over the Summer. Ricardo is an awesome grappler and a really good instructor. The general skill-level there is very high with several blue belts and accomplished white belts as well. I haven't trained in the Judo class there but I hear it's good. Not many weights though unfortunately.
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 10:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ill check out sleeping storm next week, i live around the corner from spectrum center so weights isnt a problem. Just hope i can find some quality Heavies to roll with. on my journey ive found guildford is also home to typical mcdojo's too. Im evening debating traveling to london on occasion to train at Roger Gracie academy

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 6:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wing chun/ BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about the Roger Gracie academy but on most nights there are some pretty heavy white and blue belts of good skill level (to me) at the Carlson Gracie Academy which I go to. I'd check it out once, especially as the have classes in BJJ every evening apart from fridays. It's usually taught by Brown Belts, though a Brazillian Black Belt does teach a couple of times a week.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 7:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome well tell me how it goes amakuma, like I said Im very interested in starting there so any info is a plus.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 3:18am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of UK BJJ/MMA/sub-grappling schools are listed here;

http://www.bjj.eu.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Check it out to see which are near Guildford (most of those mentioned in this thread are listed).
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast