228806 Bullies, 4665 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 107
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. businessjeff is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    7/31/2008 2:54am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None, cutrrently

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    Dave Weatherly is the same guy who use to walk around Genesse Valley Mall with a group of his blackbelts, all in uniform acting as his bodyguards. Anyone who does that can't be taken too seriously.
    Im not sure how you make this claim, but from what ive read isnt it against this forums policies to make such?

    I mean I remember when you use to sleep with the preachers wife during the winter months....

    Now everyone thinks that... if they are naive enough; I hope note. Look at how many replies you sparked. This could very well be for the guy who claimed that CM DW told him that this GM Ji San Jea was GM Ji Han Jea's little brother. So now everyone is going to hunt for GM Ji's little brother. And look, they said they asked him about his little brother and said he was a hotel manager.... They didnt mention if that was indeed his namel Ji San Jea.

    Did you use to live in Michigan? When did you see or hear about this? like time frame, what year? Did you actually see it for yourself?

    Im not defending CM DW im jus trying to shoot down the fiction to make a path to the truth becaue there seems to be much hype towards him, however that very well could be envy from his experience he really does have. Who knows.

    With that information I can call up to the Mall and talk to security im sure they would remember a thing like that. Then it can be a confirmed factual claim, and not a flint special edition tabloid title.
  2. D Dempsey is offline
    D Dempsey's Avatar

    Monkey Knife Fight!

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    725

    Posted On:
    7/31/2008 6:49am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by businessjeff
    Im not sure how you make this claim, but from what ive read isnt it against this forums policies to make such?

    I mean I remember when you use to sleep with the preachers wife during the winter months....

    Now everyone thinks that... if they are naive enough; I hope note. Look at how many replies you sparked. This could very well be for the guy who claimed that CM DW told him that this GM Ji San Jea was GM Ji Han Jea's little brother. So now everyone is going to hunt for GM Ji's little brother. And look, they said they asked him about his little brother and said he was a hotel manager.... They didnt mention if that was indeed his namel Ji San Jea.

    Did you use to live in Michigan? When did you see or hear about this? like time frame, what year? Did you actually see it for yourself?

    Im not defending CM DW im jus trying to shoot down the fiction to make a path to the truth becaue there seems to be much hype towards him, however that very well could be envy from his experience he really does have. Who knows.

    With that information I can call up to the Mall and talk to security im sure they would remember a thing like that. Then it can be a confirmed factual claim, and not a flint special edition tabloid title.
    To answer your question I did use to live in Flint and yes I did see it. He was pointed out to my by a friend of mine who also teaches martial arts in Flint, otherwise I wouldn't of noticed as I didn't know who Dave Weatherly was at the time. I believe the year was 2000 and I doubt the Genesse Valley Mall's security would even take notice of something like that, let alone something that occurred over 7 years ago.
    I guess you can't really fault the guy for wanting to take a security retinue to the mall, Flint isn't exactly known for having friendly people and a low crime rate.
  3. Bustardo is offline
    Bustardo's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    7/31/2008 8:16am


     Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    To answer your question I did use to live in Flint and yes I did see it. He was pointed out to my by a friend of mine who also teaches martial arts in Flint, otherwise I wouldn't of noticed as I didn't know who Dave Weatherly was at the time. I believe the year was 2000 and I doubt the Genesse Valley Mall's security would even take notice of something like that, let alone something that occurred over 7 years ago.
    I guess you can't really fault the guy for wanting to take a security retinue to the mall, Flint isn't exactly known for having friendly people and a low crime rate.
    The Genesee Valley mall doesn't bat an eye at a mid 50's insane hippy walking around in the dead of winter wearing a speedo and trying to pick up teenage girls. I really doubt th ey'd notice guys in karate uniforms.
  4. D Dempsey is offline
    D Dempsey's Avatar

    Monkey Knife Fight!

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    725

    Posted On:
    7/31/2008 12:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bustardo,
    If you want to hear some stories you should ask Jim and Kelvin, they have a lot of them.
    Last edited by D Dempsey; 7/31/2008 9:02pm at .
  5. businessjeff is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    8/01/2008 11:44pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None, cutrrently

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who knows maybe he was doing some demo. Is that really that odd?

    Anyways, Ive talked to him more and really have come to the conclusion that he is a good person. I cant say about his qualifications, im not qualified to do so. Im going to take his class and train in Judo and Hapkido for a few months, then we will see.

    The other thing I want to say is look at Hapkido masters demo videos on the internet, its easy enough to noticeif someone is a true masteror not. Comparing one "black belt" to the next theres hardly even a standard anymore, specially in hapkido. Watching Weatherly perform and teach you can see how solid his foundations and experience is.

    My only questions remain (however this does not change my decision on him as a skilled teacher) are really his crudentials. Who tough him, is he part of the KHF, and who is Ji San Jae... Its no typeo.

    Aside from that, proof remains in the quality of the time on the mat. And thats that.
  6. Bustardo is offline
    Bustardo's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    8/02/2008 9:20am


     Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by businessjeff
    Who knows maybe he was doing some demo. Is that really that odd?
    He was NOT doing a demo, he was walking around with "Black-Belt Security" because he had a company called "Black-Belt Security" and he was probably looking for attention/promotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by businessjeff

    Anyways, Ive talked to him more and really have come to the conclusion that he is a good person. I cant say about his qualifications, im not qualified to do so. Im going to take his class and train in Judo and Hapkido for a few months, then we will see.
    I hope you don't like Rondori when you train Judo, because from what I saw there they don't fucking do it. Which is sad considering they have a Legit 5th degree teaching the class. Judo - Rondori = Bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by businessjeff

    The other thing I want to say is look at Hapkido masters demo videos on the internet, its easy enough to noticeif someone is a true masteror not. Comparing one "black belt" to the next theres hardly even a standard anymore, specially in hapkido. Watching Weatherly perform and teach you can see how solid his foundations and experience is.
    You say this after saying you're not qualified to judge someones skill. So why are you suddenly able to tell that he's a "True Master"?


    Quote Originally Posted by businessjeff
    My only questions remain (however this does not change my decision on him as a skilled teacher) are really his crudentials. Who tough him, is he part of the KHF, and who is Ji San Jae... Its no typeo.

    Aside from that, proof remains in the quality of the time on the mat. And thats that.
    No The question remains on who gave him his 5th degree Judo Blackbelt and 8th degree Hapkido blackbelt. I'd be suprised if he even held any rank in Judo at all. He had no idea what a Kimura even WAS and he said, "It looks like he's doing some sort of Wing-Lock".

    Would a 5th degree Judo Blackbelt never have seen a Kimura?
  7. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,017

    Posted On:
    8/02/2008 10:26am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by businessjeff
    Who knows maybe he was doing some demo. Is that really that odd?

    Anyways, Ive talked to him more and really have come to the conclusion that he is a good person. I cant say about his qualifications, im not qualified to do so. Im going to take his class and train in Judo and Hapkido for a few months, then we will see.

    The other thing I want to say is look at Hapkido masters demo videos on the internet, its easy enough to noticeif someone is a true masteror not. Comparing one "black belt" to the next theres hardly even a standard anymore, specially in hapkido. Watching Weatherly perform and teach you can see how solid his foundations and experience is.

    My only questions remain (however this does not change my decision on him as a skilled teacher) are really his crudentials. Who tough him, is he part of the KHF, and who is Ji San Jae... Its no typeo.

    Aside from that, proof remains in the quality of the time on the mat. And thats that.
    Good person does not equal good Martial Artist.

    Net videos aren't proof either. How about you provide some useful refutations, of the current claims, or I am moving this obvious derail to YMAS.
  8. businessjeff is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    8/02/2008 10:35am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None, cutrrently

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I mean by "true master" or w/e is, some people do these demos and they arent very fluent or impressive. If u watch demos u can tell that some1 is just simply better. Just like any other sport. You dont have to be qualified to have an opinion or see that 1 person does it better then the next.


    As far as his belt goes, since when on here does belt matter!!!?? lol i was reading this flame thread someone started asking about the importance of the belt system. And really it doesnt mean ****, because any1 can start their own association, federation... ect. I think if u question his belt then go there, tell him, and challenge it. Proof is on the mat and from what Ive read on here most of everyone all say the same.

    What rank do you hold in Judo? Werent u looking for a place to learn it, and thats how this all came up anyways? So if u hold no rank, who are u to judge.


    Basically, anyone can say what they want about themselves. If ur looking to learn something, do you think theres really nothing you can learn from Master Weatherly? U said ur self that you would of been sold if they had good Rondori. Correct me if im wrong but isnt Rondori just a fancy word for sparring in judo? If so, i dont even understand how u say they didnt do it. What did they do then? Sit around and chat about Judo?

    Aside from all this, I heard from a little mouse that you and ur brown belt brother sat in the chairs and watched when u were invited to sit in on the lesson. Why didnt u participate? And the other thing I would like to point out is, Randori... lol.
    Last edited by businessjeff; 8/02/2008 10:37am at .
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,017

    Posted On:
    8/02/2008 10:50am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who said his belt matters? This is what I mean about a derail. You were recently (which means you are new) reading a thread that, has no bearing on a persons claims. Don't mix the two up.

    If I claim to teach Karate I better have some type of Black Belt that is provable. Also, don't mix that thread up since, you obviously didn't understand the discussion.

    If a Black Belt doesn't matter then why are you talking about "true master." "True Master" doesn't matter if a Black Belt doesn't matter.
  10. businessjeff is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6

    Posted On:
    8/02/2008 4:59pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None, cutrrently

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who said his belt matters?
    The OP was questioning the legitimacy of his 5th dan claims in judo.

    If a Black Belt doesn't matter then why are you talking about "true master." "True Master" doesn't matter if a Black Belt doesn't matter.
    How can you even make that assertion? The only thing that really does matter is skill, no piece of paper, no colored belt, no organization you are part of. It would be nice if we could use the belt system to have faith in ones ability, however these days from my understanding thats just not the case.

    However, if you are teaching and you advertise your claims in MA, then they do matter, and thats what this section is about. All I can really say without giving off an opinion and sticking to facts is, so far, GM Ji San Jae doesnt exist, Im still trying to varafy who he and his Dojang are members of, which if i remember correctly, one of which is the KHF.

    Good person does not equal good Martial Artist.
    True, but as far as the claims against him challenging his charactor as a person, like the law-suits, or supposed G.Valley mall thing, I took note on just how nice he was, which for me disproves any thing of that nature. That way if someone trying to look up Master Weatherly, just like I was then they will know my opinion, which is based off of me meeting him, not hearsay.

    Net videos aren't proof either. How about you provide some useful refutations, of the current claims, or I am moving this obvious derail to YMAS.
    Never said videos proved him in any way. What I was trying to explain was you can compare onces ability from one person to the next. Some videos I saw of demos were just so weak compared to others. Seeing Master Weatherly in person perform and teach I can compare that to the vidoes I have seen online and that give me a good idea as to how I felt he matched up to the other "Black Belt" claims out there.

    Youre probably right about derailing. In my defense I was just trying to report my findings on Master Weatherly. I will stop giveing my opinion on things, and stick to the question at hand, his crudentials.










    Belt Rank - Who approves you and who approved them anyway? - No BS Martial Arts
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.