Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:01pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by switchblade
    You're asking to get your ass kicked IMO. Hypothetically, this guy attacks you, you are taking a chance by letting him back up. You trust this guy?

I've eye-gouged a guy. It was kinda gross, but there was no permanent damage. (my niece was also eye-gouged by an old guy on the bus. no permanent damage). Breaking an arm or leg would be gross, I would think. But fights generally are.

But if someone attacks you, **** em.
    That is fucked up, elaborate please.

I think if you got to the point where you were willing to snap a guys limbs to end a fight the elbow, knee, wrist, ankle would be your safer options legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In this playground scenario, I think Annatrocity is correct. Just beat the sixth grader into submission.

Infidel

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:53pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've taken 4 fucking classes and you're talking about breaking arms and snaping joints.

You may be a MMA noob but you sure are a poser black belt.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:55pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    That is fucked up, elaborate please.
    My niece is a tough bitch, like most of the womenfolk in my family. She got in a fight with some old Chinese guy in the bus in Chinatown (SF). Why, who knows. He eye-gouges her, she ends up with two black eyes. Her mom laughs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 2:26pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by switchblade
    You're asking to get your ass kicked IMO. Hypothetically, this guy attacks you, you are taking a chance by letting him back up. You trust this guy?
    I absolutely agree on a personal level, but you've gotta keep the legal perspective in mind too. Personally, I'd prefer to just apply a quick and easy strangle to end a self-defense situation, but a court will look at that as attempted murder unless your life was in danger. If the guy is just a tweaker wanting your wallet you really have no legal ground to strangle him. Which is absoltely stupid because a blood choke would be safer for him than any effective joint lock you could apply.

When I was working on bjj my instructor always made us think about "what now?" after a lock or getting dominant position. Makes sense because in a self defense situation you pretty much have 4 choices:

1) maul the guy to the point he can't attack you anymore
    2) put him in pain compliance and pin until you have help
    3) put enough hurt on him to make him think twice about the fight
    4) choke him out

1 & 4 both have serious legal reprocussions unless your life is at risk.
    2 works great if there is a really high chance of a security guard or cop coming along in a few minutes (and lets face it, that isn't going to happen most places), but needless to say its a reallllll bad idea if the next person walking down the street is his other junkie friend.
    3 is the best I can come up with for most situations. Its a risk and all, but so is spending 5-8 years in jail because you destroyed a drunk's knee because he got belligerant.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 2:43pm

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been told if you have to defend yourself you damage the other person until you are out of harms way then hi-tail it out of there. If you cant leave the scene, make sure you are the person who calls the cops. I'm no lawyer, I don't know. Nowadays, most lawyers don't even know the law.

I can only imagine how horrible 5 years in jail would be. When I had to defend myself I was in Tennessee. I immediately felt regret for injuring the other person, even though he attacked me. Then I realized I was in frickin Tennessee, and pictured myself on one of those old-time chain gangs (do they still have those?). It sucked. All I did was react to a situation without having time to think of the motivations, intentions, or consequences.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 2:56pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m
    what a dumb thread. Anyway, I'm gonna ignore it and say this

I've only ever done any BJJ training in one place, and for less than a year. So I don't know how it's taught everywhere. But judging from my experience rolling with beginners (eg: people in their 2nd week) and particularly teenage beginners, I feel like it's probably a good idea not to even teach them submissions.
    While this is a dumb thread, I kind of resent your statement that teenagers should'nt learn submissions. Being an asshole is in no way shape or form limited to teenagers, and there are young athletes, like Dan Lauzon and Chris Horodecky (sp?) that are probably better than you.

Genius

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I would probably sit on them and hit them.
    That's hawt. A good idea, though. I probably wouldn't hit them, but slap them around a bit just to let them know they are at my mercy. Kind of like what Osiris did to JFS, except of they attack me again, I'd make sure they could not come after me again.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 1:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    You've taken 4 fucking classes and you're talking about breaking arms and snaping joints.

You may be a MMA noob but you sure are a poser black belt.
    ? Just thought I'd bring up some intresting discussion...When did I ever claim to be a black belt in anything.

And just for the record, I'm a pretty passive person, and I've never been in a d34dly st33t fight. EDIT: If I was, I'd try to do as little damage possible and get away.

EDIT: When can I get this noob banner taken away?
    Last edited by Christian_; 10/21/2007 1:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 1:21pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember one fight before any kind of training besides fourth grade TKD. I was in high school; beat the guy up a little, got him in a pin and offered to end it there since there was no longer any point. He agreed and attacked me as I was letting him go. Two years later there was a fight in the park where we all hung out and it ended in a similar fashion. Except the guy who was in my place (pinning his opponent) pushed himself off the other guy as he was letting him go so as to create more distance. He then walked away backwards so as to still be facing any potential attack. Seemed to work pretty well.

Personally I think I would try to pin the guy in side control or a north-south position (he's on his back and I think the position makes it easier for you to get up and get some distance). Another point about holding the guy in a pin is that most people, and this is primarily the one's with little experience on getting out, will struggle alot and flail aimlessly so if you hold the guy for a minute or two, you've expended much less energy and he is pretty worn out. I've grappled with friends of mine who found out I do Judo/BJJ and I can recall a few people who were struggling alot when I was in mount and gave up out of sheer exhaustion before I went for any kind of submission.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast