Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Havn't been in any t3h str33t fights, but I imagine it's probably like doing judo and bjj with striking against a noob. I'd feel better about choking someone out and walking away, but you can't always get a choke when you want, even against a noob. I think it's hard to say "which joint I'd break" because I'd attack whatever he gives me. In most likelihood it would be the elbow joint or shoulder (kimura, keylock, straight arm-lock) because the submissions on these joints are high-percentage and have fairly large safety margins in case the submission attempt fails.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:36am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would probably sit on them and hit them.

This sends a much more primal "leave me the **** alone or you will be stuttering for the rest of your life" message then going for joint locks.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:41am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_
    That's what I'd do, I'd tell him to verbally give up, slap him in his face and let him up.
    You're asking to get your ass kicked IMO. Hypothetically, this guy attacks you, you are taking a chance by letting him back up. You trust this guy?

I've eye-gouged a guy. It was kinda gross, but there was no permanent damage. (my niece was also eye-gouged by an old guy on the bus. no permanent damage). Breaking an arm or leg would be gross, I would think. But fights generally are.

But if someone attacks you, **** em.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 2:32am

Style: BJJ (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't choke them till white, choke them until they stop moving. As for fight-enders, you cannot end a fight quickly using a joint lock without doing some serious damage. Joint locks should not be used unless it is a very dangerous situation. Neck cranks can easily kill and kimuras and heelhooks will require surgery if fully executed. You have to use some judgement as hard as it is in the heat of the moment.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 6:05am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what a dumb thread. Anyway, I'm gonna ignore it and say this

I've only ever done any BJJ training in one place, and for less than a year. So I don't know how it's taught everywhere. But judging from my experience rolling with beginners (eg: people in their 2nd week) and particularly teenage beginners, I feel like it's probably a good idea not to even teach them submissions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 9:19am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m
    what a dumb thread. Anyway, I'm gonna ignore it and say this

I've only ever done any BJJ training in one place, and for less than a year. So I don't know how it's taught everywhere. But judging from my experience rolling with beginners (eg: people in their 2nd week) and particularly teenage beginners, I feel like it's probably a good idea not to even teach them submissions.
    i am pretty nice and i am a teenager...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 10:56am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where there is darkness (OP), there is light i guess. but then again you're doing judo and not jiu jitsu, so i suspect when you were a beginner they probably did focus almost exclusively on position and not submissions. one way or another it'd be interesting to hear your opinion on this

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 11:21am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by h_sh_m
    where there is darkness (OP), there is light i guess. but then again you're doing judo and not jiu jitsu, so i suspect when you were a beginner they probably did focus almost exclusively on position and not submissions. one way or another it'd be interesting to hear your opinion on this
    lol actually i have been doing a bit of everything and just started doing judo but the judo sensei did teach me a few submissions already.

i have gotten into quite a bunch of street fights lately and only used one submission which i didnt give him the chance to tap(i letted him go as soon as he said ouch) it really matters who you submit.some after they know they lost and you let go they give you their respect and leave i, while others cant afford losing will struggle until the last minute

just my opinion

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    They could have their liver eaten with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
    Are u referring to a deficiency in glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase? Leads to hemolytic anemia, or non spherotic hemolytic anemia? Symptoms include favism and black urine?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 11:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It all depends on the circumstances, for example if some bum walked up and pushed me for no reason more than likely I would opt for a choke or shoulder lock, just to let him know to keep his hands to himself. now on the other hand me and my girl are walking down the street and some dude trys to mug us etc. if there is no weapon involved I would go after something a little more signifigant like a reverse heel hook that was after his ACL is tore out of his leg he cant get up to fight anymore. Either way grappling is a " Gift System." you take what people give you especially in a street fight even though chances are that were all better fighters than the average joe on the street, you dont want to get full mount on an opponent and be like " Screw the kimora or straight arm bar or G&P Im going after something cool like a gogoplata", chances are youll **** it all up and get hit in the head with a fence post by his retarded cousin. IMO
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast