Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 9:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If you weren't going to let them tap.

Before I write anything else, I've taken I think 4 BJJ classes (I can only go once a week right now), so I'm pretty new, but I've learned some stuff like the armbar, triangle choke, darce choke (too advanced don't remember it) and some takedowns.

Here's the question, If you were in a street fight and you took them down and weren't gonna let them tap, and you're not using a choke, what body part would you break/snap/dislocate? Like what's the worst thing that somebody could have happen to them, and is there anything that would be not as severe? I wouldn't plan on doing that to anyone, I'd go for a choke and hold it till they started getting white, or punch them etc. If I went for a lock, I'd let it go before any damage could be done.

Just thought this would be intresting to discuss. Does anyone have experience snapping someones arm or leg or shoulder etc?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 9:09pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would gouge their eyes of course

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 9:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking about locks, but for the record, I would never be able to gouge someone's eyes, one it's gross, two it could lead to serious damage I would think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 9:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think he was being sarcastic, but leglocks, neck cranks, spinal locks, etc would do more severe damage and armlocks would do damage too, but probalby wouldn't be permanent

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 9:50pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone in a street fight isn't even going to think about tapping because they most likely don't even know what it means to tap. They're going to start screaming when the hurt comes. If I were in such a position, it would probably be time to have a little talk with the guy before mangling his joints since that could be grounds for charges against you. Let him flat out know that you're willing to let up if he gives up, but if he attacks you afterwards you'll finish the job.

Letting someone up after putting them through a whole lot of pain is risky though since you might have just pissed them off more, but by this point he should know there's plenty more where that came from. And if your martial arts training comes up in court the first thing they'll ask is why didn't you use something to subdue him without causing injury? Yeah, its a stupid question, but noone said law is logical.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 9:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by golsa
    Someone in a street fight isn't even going to think about tapping because they most likely don't even know what it means to tap. They're going to start screaming when the hurt comes. If I were in such a position, it would probably be time to have a little talk with the guy before mangling his joints since that could be grounds for charges against you. Let him flat out know that you're willing to let up if he gives up, but if he attacks you afterwards you'll finish the job.

Letting someone up after putting them through a whole lot of pain is risky though since you might have just pissed them off more, but by this point he should know there's plenty more where that came from. And if your martial arts training comes up in court the first thing they'll ask is why didn't you use something to subdue him without causing injury? Yeah, its a stupid question, but noone said law is logical.
    That's what I'd do, I'd tell him to verbally give up, slap him in his face and let him up.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_
    Like what's the worst thing that somebody could have happen to them

They could have their liver eaten with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 10:28pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrist lock of course, then they couldnt type anymore.

Worst punishment for a martial artist, stop his ability to type on webforums!
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 10:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, some BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teabagging!!
    Thats right bitches.

Ph34r!!!1!1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 11:47pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Wrist lock of course, then they couldnt type anymore.

Worst punishment for a martial artist, stop his ability to type on webforums!
    or beat the meat :qright4:
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast