Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Zero

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is Judo more effective in street fighting than BJJ?

I posted a thread like this earlier but for some reason all replies were erased, and I was accused of promoting crappling? Can someone please offer me an explaination? I was asking a sincere question and received some sincere responses, all of them were erased.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the reason this happened was because you created the thread in DHS, a heavily moderated forum where you can only ask highly technical questions.

You need to pay attention where you make your threads.

As for your question, meh. I remember you said that you were training for street fighting and not the cage.

What the heck does that mean? Are you planning to go and fight on the streets? What about bar fights?

Rather than entertaining your question, I rather know the motivation and rationality (or irationality) behind it.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 1:03am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    I believe the reason this happened was because you created the thread in DHS, a heavily moderated forum where you can only ask highly technical questions.
    '

Where should of I posted such a question?

You need to pay attention where you make your threads.
    I will.

As for your question, meh. I remember you said that you were training for street fighting and not the cage.

What the heck does that mean? Are you planning to go and fight on the streets?
    I am not planning on going out, grabbing people, and using Judos throws to kick their ass.

What about bar fights?
    Well, if I ever got in a bar fight, I would use my training to defend myself from the person wanting to kick the living **** out of me.

Rather than entertaining your question, I rather know the motivation
    To find out if Judo is better for street fighting than BJJ.

and rationality (or irationality) behind it.
    Becoming a good street fighter so I can successfully defeat a street opponent, which I would only use if I was attacked first.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 1:05am

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So go out and get into a bunch of street fights. Until then, STFU.
    Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your signatures.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 1:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakinonioi
    So go out and get into a bunch of street fights.
    Why?

Until then, STFU.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:42am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo is extremely effective I dare anyone here to take an ippon on the concrete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RMA> It seems you need somebody to be nice to you. If you have a "newbie" question, this is the correct subforum to post in. If you're worried about the seriousness of the responses you'll get, post in "newbietown." In there, people aren't allowed to troll you.

When you ask, "Is X better then Y in street fighting" on this website, you'll be opening up a can of worms. Any art that is effective in sport will be effective on the street. Any art that claims to be "too deadly" to practice for sport will not be able to be sufficiently trained in order to actually be effective. (search for adn read up on the term "aliveness").

You have made the right first step on asking "Judo vs BJJ" rather then "_ing _un vs. Akido," and you can't really go wrong with either. Judo and BJJ are both good arts; they both have their place, and are both effective. BJJ more so on the ground, Judo more so on throws. It really depends on your individual preference. Go and visit schools for each type, and decide which school you'd rather attend. Any place you're willing to go and train in will be more important than what some internet people tell you; the more willing you are to train, the better off you'll be, regardless of the art.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 2:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As some one who recently (and is still feeling the effects from) getting his sternum cracked or sprained or whatever from a Judo throw I can say yes that **** hurts when done with mean intent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 3:15pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    an honest answer? i'd say yes, by the smallest fraction. judo has the potential to end a fight in an instant (getting driven into any surface that isn't a mat fucking huuuuurts). and the ground work they do, while not the best and most technical, is enough to overwhelm the average person easily and get you in a dominant position to GnP the **** out of them.

bjj trains their take downs which would work as well, and they would dominate ground position.

i wouldn't train one or the other for "street fighting". train because you like training it, train both. who cares.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 4:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They both have their strengths, and each would probably and up winning the fight in a different way. But they'd both get the job done, and that's all that fucking matters.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast