Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 2:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju, Ex Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lothar Lee in Australia

I would like to bring to attention the problem of imposter black belt instructors as I have just had the misfortune of encountering one. Looks like this site would be a good place to expose this man.

His name is Mr Lothar Glen Lee & he claims to be a 5th Dan (Godan). Somehow he managed to run a registered SKIF/SKIA dojo in Townsville, Australia for 18 months before his scam was discovered. He used very well forged dan grading certificates that were traced back to Hong Kong to gain registration & he used his old age as an excuse to why his technique was so poor, he is in his 60's. Lothar is a German immigrant to Australia whose German instructor that supposed to of graded him to 5th Dan does not exist. He certainly talks the talk & knows most of the terminology, this is how he managed to go undiscovered for so long. His knowledge does not go past Heian Yondan though & he knows next to nothing about Kihon Ippon Kumite. Lothar makes up his own way of performing techniques & teaches these incorrect ways to his unwary students which can be very dangerous. This practice can not only cause injury in training but could give the students a false sense of being able to defend themselves which could prove fatal if the need arose. Not to mention the embarrassment for the students if they trained in another dojo with faulty techniques & poor knowledge. I know of one 1st kyu student who would of looked like a right propper tool if he had a shot at the Shodan grading, luckily Lothar was exposed before this happened.

Mr Lothar Lee also traveled to Japan for the world championships. Somehow he managed to film the event when this is not permited, make his way into private functions & even get his photo taken with Kancho Kanazawa himself. This is a major embarrassment not only to Kancho Kanazawa but also to SKIA & I can only apologize for the intrusion personally on my behalf. This man is a complete pest & needs to be stopped.

Lothar is still claiming to opperate as a registered SKIF/ SKIA Shotokan instructor & is activly trying to recrut unwary students to his dojo. Legal action is in the pipeline at the moment but hopefully this web site can help expose this charlatan & stop him attracting new students.

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 3:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Kumite Junky...

Does his school have a web-site? Does he have an email address? Can you get any literature where he states he's a 5th dan S.K.I and maybe scan it in and post it?
    I know a 6th dan SKI and I could ask his opinion on it, but with the greatest respect, I'd like to see some evidence of Lee's claims beforehand.
    I'm sure you understand.

Also, have you done the obvious things like emailed the Aussie branch of the SKI etc?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 7:06am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for reference

http://www.all-karate.com/forums/ind...showtopic=1859

Nothing else turns up on google.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 7:25am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Kumite Junky.

Will you be providing some evidence of your allegations shortly?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Evidence? That's crazy witch talk. Burn the witch. Burn the witch. At any rate for a start:

1- Have you personally met this man?
    2- Have you officially trained with him?
    3- Do you run your own school? If so, is his in competing range for customers as your?
    4- Does your school in which you train comete with his school for customers?
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2007 9:09pm

Style: San Shou, Kickboxing MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Evidence of these fasle certicfactes?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 10:51am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kumite Junky, please provide evidence as has been asked for. If evidence is not provided this thread will be moved to Trollshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 11:59am

Style: Battojutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I get the chance I'll pop down to the local post office and check up a QLD Townsville yellowpages to see if by chance this Lothar fellow has an advert for his school (which I can prehaps copy). At least then we can verify whether such a person exists.

So far the online yellow pages pulls up:

Shotokan Karate International Australia Inc (listed twice with same details, but under name SKIA - Karate)
    23 First St Railway Estate QLD 4810
    ph: 0404 357 097

JkA Shotokan Karate
    23 First St Townsville QLD 4810
    ph: (07) 4728 4561

Probably the same group, which is odd to have 3 entries, two with the same mobile number. Possibly the group this fellow is referring to. Whether this is a genuine complaint, or merely mud throwing - who knows.

Any other aussies care to offer some thought to the matter.

EDIT: googled the mobile number, found this link, confirming Lothar Lee's existance as a shotokan teacher

http://www.websyteskia.websyte.com.a...eskia/contact/

Also found references to the same Mobile number(0404 357 097) & address (23 First St Townsville) advertising discounts for a "XanGo - Mangosteen Fruit", which i then looked up to be some supposed anticancer elixir that is sold in one of those networked (pyramid) marketing schemes.

I get the feeling that that this might be a genuine complaint. Will provide links to the XanGo crap on request.
    Last edited by BloodMagus; 4/03/2007 12:14pm at .

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 12:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps in the absence of the OP providing any evidence, we should email Mr. Lee and alert him to this thread then see how it develops from there ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2007 1:47pm

Style: Battojutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crossed my mind. Another was calling the guy up.

I agree the OP has a fare few more blanks to fill in, But I was just seeing whether the whole thing had any merit or as suggested should be moved to Trollshido.
    I think it has some merit and shouldn't be moved to TS, yet.

Some more digging came up with:

got a yahoo account of lotharlee@yahoo.com.au

He's got a Budoseek account. Generously provides his DoB and age.
    http://www.budoseek.net/vbulletin/member.php?u=6658

found another two websites: http://nqldshotokan.tripod.com/ &
    http://tsvshotokan.googlepages.com/index.htm

Ironically, they don't list mister Lothar Lee on:
    http://www.shotokankarate.com.au/doj...list.asp?q=QLD
    But, if you look up a cached copy of the page through google, he IS listed there for townsville.
    here's a link they've deleted:
    http://www.shotokankarate.com.au/ins..._info.asp?q=43
    Last edited by BloodMagus; 4/03/2007 1:52pm at .
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast