Style
    thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am the noob, is shou shu for real???

well, hello all, I am very new to this site, not just new but very new... :D
    anyway, my purpose of joing this site was or is to find out more about martial arts around the world by listening (reading) to all these tallented folks out there and the martial artists that have spent many years in their field of studies and hoping I can learn something in a theoretical fashion and see if I will be able to choose one from the great many martial arts in this array / realm.
    thank you for having me in your group and looking forward in chatting with you folks.

btw: I have absolutely no skills in fighting, I may even **** my pants if someone approaches me with a bitter beer face..

JohnE

by the way, I did add ThaiBoxing in my profile, simply because I would to learn that if that is the final candidate martial art for me. Also, I must apologize for my style of posting and not knowing how this work. I am very new to this and this is my first day basically posting.. :D
    Last edited by jesraelo; 10/29/2007 6:05pm at .

Style
    (Beautiful) Spring Roll
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings, jesraelo,
    welcome to Bullshido.

It's nice for somebody to know their limits. ;-)
    But if you're actually training muay thai, you're much better off than thousands of people who hit the air only and think they're deadly warriors...

Now, why did you incorporate "shou shu" into your threads title and didn't elaborate on it in the post?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Style
    punching bag / crew jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So why is your style listed as "thai" if you don't take any martial arts?

Welcome.

AFAIK Shou Shu is for real, but only depending on who you ask. Real as in is its lineage legit? Are you asking if it's a good fighting style? Are you not sure if it exists? Be a little clearer man.

Style
    thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must apologize for my posting style, I am learning one or two things here today.
    Well, there was a poster that was discussing about shou shu and it sounded like it is not all that and in fact it could be a fake martial art or something in that nature...
    not be a big of a deal, I just wanted to get some clerification from other reader that might know of this martial art and if shou shu is really bad ass and that is the reason why is banned from the tournaments (according to the writer)..
    thx

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesraelo
    I must apologize for my posting style, I am learning one or two things here today.
    Well, there was a poster that was discussing about shou shu and it sounded like it is not all that and in fact it could be a fake martial art or something in that nature...
    not be a big of a deal, I just wanted to get some clerification from other reader that might know of this martial art and if shou shu is really bad ass and that is the reason why is banned from the tournaments (according to the writer)..
    thx
    As I understand it, Shou Shu is overdramatic kempo, and probably not all that badass.
    And I ALWAYS mix it up with San Soo. Which is the one that has Mongoose style?

Style
    thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found this site that had some information on shou shu and one of the seven animals is mongoose, you are probably right though, kempo might be more badass than shou shu

Style
    thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://mooresshoushu.com/
    here is the website on shou shu