Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gracie and gouging

I've been watching ufc, ultimate fighting, strong man and a few others since they were aired New Years Eve...I can vaguely remember Gracie gouging someone in the eyes during the first ufc televised fight. Is there anyone out there who can verify this. Or was I dreaming...

Reason being, I seen this fight, and the rules changed for the next fight to no eye gouging and no biting because of Gracie gouging..

LOL

Please, If you have any information that will verify this for me...I'd LOVE to see it..

Peace n Sunshine

~~Jasta~~

TKDBot
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We knew you could do it! jasta posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently watched UFC 1 and eye gouging was already against the rules. No one was warned for an intentional eye gouge during the portion of the event released for TV/home video.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hmm

Perhaps it wasn't a UFC per say show....But I remember Gracie wearing his white "karate" suit, laying on top of a man and using his thumbs to gouge their eyes...I wish I remembered what the name of the show was...but i DO remember him doing that..b.ecause I thought..OMGOSH what a dirty fighter...LOL

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
    Style
    creonte on hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDBot
    We knew you could do it! jasta posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh tOH his is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.
    LMAO OH YA...I may be a woman..but I'm fully loaded...:ninja7:

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'est La Vie...my G..wooTwooT

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Searching on Grace and Eye Gouging

As posted by Hill
    Scott Hill said... I don't know why everyone thought Gracie was going to win. The UFC and MMA has changed 180 degress since Royce fought last. Matt Hughes is extremely well rounded, and strong as a bull. He is a good grappler which makes for a good defender of Ju Jitsu. That fight was so one sided it was almost sad.

Not to take anything away from Royce, but it is the changes that made the difference in the fight. In the early days of the UFC there was no time limit. Royce would just outlast his opponent. Eventually out of fatigue they would give in to a submission. I know he won some quick fights, but he also had several go almost an hour. Also Royce was a dirty fighter in the no rules days. Put hair pulling and eye gauging back in and Royce may have faired better.

Hmm..perhaps he's seen Gracie and his gouging as well...whacha think fella's?

Style
    Guns
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. There may have been Gracies who did it in various events (even in events where it wasn't allowed) but I have the early UFC's. Royce is not seen gouging eyes, and it WAS against the rules to do that starting in the first UFC. No eye gouges, no fish-hooking, no biting.

Head butts, elbows/knees/strikes from any position to any part of the body, and hair pulling were all legal. Royce famously pulled Kimo Leopoldo's ponytail to gain an advantage, but that was well within the rules at that time--and Kimo knew it when he chose to keep his long hair.

He cut it after that.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you're conflating a bunch of stuff. royce didn't eye-gouge anyone; when he choked out gerard gordeau in ufc 1, he held the choke extra long because gordeau had bitten him in the ear, which was against the rules. watch after the tap & you can see royce talking **** to him. gordeau is notorious for fighting dirty, & he repaetedly eye-gouged yuki nakai in one of the early pride fights. nakai ended up blind in one eye, but he choked gordeau out anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last