Bent dumbbell rows (10 each side)
    Swiss ball crunches

Shoulders/Arms:

Seated dumbbell presses
    Barbell Clean & Press
    Barbell bicep curls
    Barbell tricep extensions
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 2:26pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is refreshing to see a pretty "normal" routine. How do you do a Swiss ball leg extension?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/23/2007 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, how come I didn't see this thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    GSP does 4x10 2 to 3 times a week.
    What does that mean? 4 sets of 10 reps for each exercise, or 1 set per exercise (making a total of 4)?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    It is refreshing to see a pretty "normal" routine. How do you do a Swiss ball leg extension?
    From http://www.muscle2fitness.com/swiss_ball_exercises.php

Leg Extensions Position the ball in the middle of your back, pull out one leg in a straight line out and count five. Use your arms for balance. Repeat the procedure 10 times for each foot, and work up to 2 sets.

This is a demo in which they use a medicine ball instead of a swiss ball. If you were to use a swiss ball, you would place it on your back when executing the exercise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El7cpndpBug

Another variation using a swiss ball and a medicine ball:

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/23/2007 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, in his book "Never Gymless", Ross Enamait shows isometric variations of leg curls and extensions against a swiss ball. For a leg extension, simply face a wall with a swiss ball positioned between your shin and the wall. Then attempt an extension (this will be almost akin to an isometric contraction).

Similar principles follow for a swiss ball isometric leg curl. I haven't had the time to fully read that part, but I believe it is necessary to change the position of your shin or the swiss ball to achieve sets of isometric contractions at different angles.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris