Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 10:22pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So according to the fighter Hughs whole game plan was really more of a suggestion. Lame.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 10:24pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man that was a punch

Very few things make me go "damn" but that did.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:05am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMan
    Best coaching occurs when both guys speak a foreign language. They can shout out instructions all day on how to escape moves and the opponent doesn't know, so there's no counter-attack waiting. Seen it with the Brazilians a bunch of times when they get someone into their corner.
    Ahahahah. I used to train with a dude named Anderson DeCastro, who was born in Brazil but looks like a chubby white dude. Some Brazilian coach started yelling advice in Portugese in a match he was in, and he shouted back in Portugese "It doesn't matter what you tell him, I'm going to tap his ass". The expression on the coach's face was priceless.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:16am

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great stuff. I bet that coach felt like his world collapsed. From the blog about Hughes and his infamous DEADLY GAME PLAN:

Paul Georgieff: No, to be honest, he didn’t spend a lot of time working on a game plan... (Hughes) talks about game plans like we laid it out exactly. What he gave me were more like suggestions.
    So all of his huffing is pointless.

Paul Georgieff: Serra got along with his group really well. He’d come over and have drinks with his guys and stuff, which was pretty cool. Hughes was more like a father figure. That works for some guys, but not me. It just leads to resistance with me. I’ve already got a dad. So, it’s hard to say who was the better coach. It depends on the guy.
    Serra sounds cooler all the time.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 12:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serra's team doesn't look very impressive at all, it looks like Hughes got the 4 real fighters- Danzig and the 3 who have yet to fight. It's just that while Serra's fighters have been mediocre so far, their opponents just shouldn't be on the show, period.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:52pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Hughes was a complete dick for not giving any props to his fighter and just thinking about his own ego after the loss. He could have at least waited till the next day, but even then what's done is done.

Over all it was a crappy episode as someone mentioned, too much reality tv drama and not enough training.

p.s whats the deal with filming a guy when as he finds out that he has a death in the family and making sure he has his phone on speaker. Thats going a bit far for TV filler imo. Pretty tactless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 6:49pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No kidding seany.

One thing I've seen from this is my respect for Serra growing at the same time Hughes is looking worse and worse. We've all said it countless times, but one thing is for sure, taking this coaching job was a great move on Serra's part. Not only will he fight Hughes, but his gym is sure to be way more visible and his long term goals kicking ass.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 7:01pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Random question but what episode does Serra yell at Hughes' poster in the gym? He says something like "look at you! you look like you're holding your *bleep* to take a piss!" I skimmed through the episodes again but it didn't jump out at me... maybe it was only on a TV spot for the show?

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 10:57pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it should be the first episode where matt steps into the training facility for the first time and looking around
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456