Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 4:23pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing that struck me was that team Hughes seems to have no Esprit de Corps. The team mates are bitching at each other and they all fail to pull together. Serra, on the other hand, has it. Editing may enhance that impression, but it does seem to be the case.

It might not be all Hughes' fault--it could be the team members, but Hughes doesn't really seem to have the leader persona. More the whiny teacher or something.

I did notice Serra was in the ring checking on Paul after he was knocked out. I'm not sure if Hughes was out of frame, but he didn't seem to be concerned.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 4:26pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiridoku
    Danzig had a good one in his blog:
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]http://www.ocregister.com/sports/dan...rweight-season
    I sorta figured that Mac's comments about Bowman's knee and the loss were out of context.
    Last edited by meataxe; 10/18/2007 4:29pm at .
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 4:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe because fighting isn't that easy?

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 4:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sure the critique that Mac Danzig feels he's better than everyone else is justified.

Frankly however he is.

He already is a UFC caliber fighter, where as the others fall into 2 categories, either on the cusp or "what the **** is he doing here"

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 5:02pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    I love how everyone ignores the fact that Matt Hughes did quite well as a coach on a previous season of TUF. Matt can't climb into the Octagon and win the fights for these guys, at some point the onus is on them.
    However, at the end of the show many viewers were left with the impression that Hughes was a "cock head" bully asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 5:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must have been watching a different fight then everyone else. It looked to me like Paul did everything he could to keep the fight on the ground. They were only standing for about 30 seconds before he grabbed Troy and basically dragged him down into his guard. He then made several good sub and sweep attempts and it looked to me like he probably would have pulled one off if Serra hadn't been calling out counters from the corner. When Troy backed out and they stood again he just didn't have another chance for a takedown before the knockout.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Bjj/Machado/Pittman

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a lot of fairly well educated guys that fight prof and a whole lot that do it as a hobby, saying you dont like to get hit because your an engineer is just a cop out.

Serra's line about how, "at least it wasn't a spinning backfist" stole the show though.

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 6:16pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju - Joe
    I am sure the critique that Mac Danzig feels he's better than everyone else is justified.

Frankly however he is.

He already is a UFC caliber fighter, where as the others fall into 2 categories, either on the cusp or "what the **** is he doing here"
    Better or not than the other fighters, he is still a dick. TUF has thrown on weak/totally inexperienced fighters before for no apparant reason (corey hill, wayne weems...), so this should be no surprise. Also Mac may be the most experienced, but he has never beat any big names and should not be so sure that he is the best fighter on the show.

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 8:07pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serra's coaching really shined in this fight
    almost everything he said, Troy was able to do (slowly but surely)

I barely heard Hughes utter more than 2-3 sentences during the fight, i think he's really flustered at the technical aspects that Serra seems to dominate in when it comes to BJJ

man, was this the least training we've ever seen in an episode? its really gettin worse and worse....like really? I mean, i understand, its reality tv, so it requires some stupid drama, but is it more important to show them swatting flies rather than training?

IMO this lead Serra has is huge! considering the picks alternate now, the coaches can't really dominate from start to finish. Yet Serra is owning the match ups, and the some of the better fighters have yet to get in there

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 8:08pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    btw, anyone have a link to serras blog?

don't see it on UFCs site
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast