Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 4:15pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey ya'll. Got back from the fight. No vid sorry, I'll try to get a vid from the gym.

Well, I found out my opponent was mainly a Boxer, but was a Boxer with 50 something fights. I've seen him at shows before and he's very powerful and fast, so I knew I had to use kicks more the punches if I wanted to survive.

The first round was boring, with him trying to landed big punches and me keeping him away with push kicks and sidekicks. I then hit him with a high roundkick to the head, followed by a spin kick that nearly missed. He kicked me in my groin which hurt REALLY REALLY bad and floored me. I almost had to quit but kept going.

Near the end of the first, I threw a body kick him he blocked with his elbow and hurt my foot/instep. Tomorrow I'm actually going to get an X Ray cause it hurts very bad, I think it might have some fracture. I mainly won this round.

So I fought the 2nd round, which I knew he won. Landing 2 clean punches, and me landing like 1 kick, this round was even more boring then the first. Basically I evaded and threw kicks while he didnt get his mandatory kicks in and just chased me around the ring.

The match was over, and he was awarded the unanimous decision.

To say the least I was pretty down/sad.

So I mad a vow. I will NO longer fight any Kickboxing rulesets unless its Muay Thai/K-1. I'm sick of not being able to throw low kicks and very sick of not being able to clinch. If it was MT, I think I could have negated his Boxing with my clinch, but oh well, I'll never know.

Now today I'm in pain and pretty pissed that I had to fight FCR insted of MT again.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 9:17pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I hate FCR. With the rise of MMA I can't believe anyone can put on a FCR show any more.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/28/2007 11:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ive never even heard of a FCR fight taking place in this country, let alone an entire fight card

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 8:58am

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just pissing me off. This is the 2nd time I havent been able to fight MT. I'm already starting to check out other training facilities who will listen to what I want to compete in. I'm going in for X rays today hopefully.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123