Posted On:
    10/17/2007 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Drug-Resistant Staph Germ's Toll Is Higher Than Thought - News Article

Drug-Resistant Staph Germ's Toll Is Higher Than Thought - News Article

The title is pretty says it all, but according to the article a kid died recently from staph. So get your self checked, clean your mats, and shower after rolling, also cover any open wounds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2007 11:43am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Staph's no joke. That **** ate a chunk out of my arm, and one out of Macho's calf, IIRC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2007 12:11pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get staphaseptic, kill it before it gets out of control. Staph is nasty stuff, looks like a boil sometimes.
    I use that stuff on just about any scratch now. Hell if it looks fungal, red or anything I hit it with that.
    Last edited by DSL; 10/19/2007 12:56pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2007 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: 8 step preying mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP thanks for this thread i am a tattoo artist and germs are something we combat frequently. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention any info on things like this would be greatly appreciated in the future also. Thanks Again

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2007 5:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had staph about two months ago, hurt like a mofo. Thank God amoxicillin worked on it.

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 3:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good idea to post that, I've been living in Thailand over 4 yrs now and in the tropics smart people treat even the smallest scratch with care. Family in the US told me some Virginia schools were recently closed due to staph, so it might be nearing epidemic levels in some areas.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT Fitts
    Staph's no joke. That **** ate a chunk out of my arm, and one out of Macho's calf, IIRC.
    Yep, that goddamed **** took over two months to completely close, not counting how debilitated that **** left me. You should see the pics Upa uploaded of his last infection. Holes that look like you could put your pinky in them. Horrendous ****.

I have a friend that works with tile and marble and he tells me that **** is now common among construction workers as well. That crap is endemic and present everywhere.

My normal ritual now is to take ever shower with antibacterial soap, and a shower with hibiclens (Chlorhexidine gluconate) everytime I see something funky growing in my skin. If a pimple look redder and bigger than the average, hibiclens time. Also, I put tea tree oil (which has antifungal and antiseptic properties) in the areas where I usually get pimples (triceps, lats and quads).

Staph is serious ****.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:34pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, the hole that was in my left forearm? I DID put my pinky into it. Fucking gross-ass crater that literally looks like I was shot in the arm.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    My normal ritual now is to take ever shower with antibacterial soap, and a shower with hibiclens (Chlorhexidine gluconate) everytime I see something funky growing in my skin. If a pimple look redder and bigger than the average, hibiclens time. Also, I put tea tree oil (which has antifungal and antiseptic properties) in the areas where I usually get pimples (triceps, lats and quads).

Staph is serious ****.
    People using anti-bacterial **** on everything is what makes bacteria so strong in the first place.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/21/2007 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong. People overusing OTC antibiotics is what make things resistant over time.

Also, antibacterial == antiseptic. Antiseptic =/= antibiotic.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast