223529 Bullies, 4043 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung-Fu Joe
    Again, I'll reiterate that the guys I was rolling with when I actually pulled those off had little to no BJJ knowledge, at all. In the case of the triangle, it was because the guy was posturing poorly while attempting to pass my guard-- he made a dumb mistake, and I capitalized. The armbars mostly came from full mount against guys who didn't know they'd have been better off in guard (though I did score a few from side-control on Wednesday after passing my buddy's guard-- they were sloppy, but he's as new as I am). As for the Kimura and the Americana, the guys I landed those against had absolutely no clue what they were, and as a result, didn't do a whole lot to stop me from attacking. They were content to keep punching me with their free hand, which was fine by me.

Now, I'm not claiming to be anything special. My ass gets owned when I roll with anybody who has even a modicum of experience. But against guys who've never grappled before, even my extremely rudimentary knowledge of BJJ is a nice advantage.

I'm certainly no big monster freak-- I'm 6'1", and 185 pounds. I'm not bullshitting, though I really can't expect you to believe otherwise since I'm not offering any proof beyond my words. I do have a respectably high IQ, but if that made me a good fighter, I wouldn't have to train MMA, hehehehe... So I'm gonna have to go with "None of the Above," for now.

--Joe
    I didn't get my first armbar until about a year of training. I did get my first triangle the first time I tried it...the first day I learned it...the first grappling class I ever took. He didn't tap but he went out and came to. Also, he did the Gracie Gift Guard Pass that we were just shown as a setup to the triangle so he basically fell into it. The point is that it's different for everyone else. And you said it yourself. Anyone with a Modicum of skill can beat you. I'm a modicum of skill can be a six month 1 stripe white belt. Imagine the feeling this Gracie Combatives certified TKD black belt is going to have when some 1 stripe asshat comes to class and decimates him/her.

As for this whole technical blue, and competition blue has some truth to it but mostly bs. The key is training and competition against a resisting person. It's pretty much the typical GJJ "we are trying to distinguish our GJJ from BJJ" propaganda. It's competition is frowned upon so much by them, then why do they proudly post their competition victories on their websit:

http://www.gracieacademy.com/ryron_gracie.html

http://www.gracieacademy.com/rener_gracie.html

Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    HA!HA!HA!HA! The Bullshido/ BJJ nutriders must all be about to commit ritual suicide! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

This made my mother fucking day! So many ass monkeys on this site have endlessly worshiped the Gracies and now, oh yes, now only at the end do realize---98% of the martial arts is BULLSHIDO! *Lighting shoots from fingers; young luke writhes in pain*:tongue11:
    Actually that's a big fat no. If we were it's kind of hard to commit ritual suicide when most of the so called "BJJ nutriders" are the ones attacking what the Gracie Academy is doing. And did you know that 98% percent of all statistics are made up on the spot?

The Gracies aren't bullshido. Unfortunately, some of the marketing methods used by the Gracies and non-Gracie BJJ types aren't suspect. We've talked about all of them to include John Will and David Meyer's instructor program; the Jean Jacques Machado online program, the dredded Gene Simco online instructional program, etc, etc, etc. Hell, because most people are so passionate about BJJ, they tend to be harder on BS in BJJ then any other art.

In summary, as a mod or someone with more experience on this board would probably put it...lurk more!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 12:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MAcho, STFU. I did not say das majority! I said the BJJ nutriders on this site! And there are quite a few as there are all over.

I am aware you have been a Gracie detractor, but that has no stopped some assholes here from cock worshipping the great Gracies! THe Gracies can fight, but so can Matt HUghes, so can Vlad Klitchko, so can a lot of people.

What I find ironic is that a decent percentage of the people here have done nothing but talk **** about 'Gracie non-bullhidoness'--- that's bullshido with an ness added to it. So chill out, go take a drink of you proteing shake, shave your sack, and chill out.

On a serious note, the Gracie system does provide someone with a sound knowledge of ground grappling, but 2 week instructorships ALWAYS raise a red flag with me. :icon_salu

And did you know that 98% percent of all statistics are made up on the spot?
    No ****? And what statistics do you have to back this up?

And as a MMA fighter once said at a seminar I attended--- It's basically just judo!
    Last edited by nobleidea; 10/19/2007 1:00pm at .

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    No ****? And what statistics do you have to back this up?

And as a MMA fighter once said at a seminar I attended--- It's basically just judo!
    I don't need any, that's the point.

Congrats on attending a seminar, you do know if you just attend one more, you can be certified in Gracie Combatives then you'll really know what you're talking about.

Yeah, we've all heard the BJJ - Basically Just Judo

But the question is, instead of just spouting off something you heard at a seminar, do you even know why people say that in the first place?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

EARN your Gracie Certified BLUE BLET in 10 Days!!!

Gracie Torrence is now offering a Gracie Combatives program consisting of 10 days of 8 hour instruction per day, at the end of which you are awarded a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt.

See the Website here...

http://www.gracieacademy.com/instruc...tion%20Program

Quote Originally Posted by From Website
    Official Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Belt Promotion
    At the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy, a "technical blue belt" is awarded to anyone who perfects their understanding and execution of the Gracie Combatives techniques. Since you will be licensed to offer the complete Gracie Combatives course to your students, you will be authorized to promote them up to fourth degree white belt level. Up to two (2) times per year you can arrange to have a Gracie Academy Head Instructor visit your training center to evaluate all fourth degree white belt holders and award blue belts to those who qualify.
    As a BJJ Blue Belt, I feel it is impossible to get enough live rolling mat time in as well as technical proficiency in the basic BJJ Blue Belt curriculum to be a legit BJJ Blue Belt in 10 days absent a very strong grappling background.

Any thoughts? Is this a mark on the otherwise storied Gracie name? Is this the first step toward Gracie Jiu-Jitsu becoming a belt factory?

Discuss.........

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any thoughts?
    If I could afford, I'd do it. Seems like it's better than a seminar and a great way to get a really intensive intro to GJJ. It would probably be a great supplement to my Judo training and beneficial to me as a LEO.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:41pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone found someone that has taken this course yet?

How much does it cost? Sounds like two weeks 8 hours a day of Jiu-Jitsu would make a great vacation.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:44pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Has anyone found someone that has taken this course yet?

How much does it cost? Sounds like two weeks 8 hours a day of Jiu-Jitsu would make a great vacation.
    Doesn't look like anybody's gone through it, yet:

"Tentatively scheduled for Spring 2008 the first instructor certification course will take place at the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, Ca."

--Joe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 2:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nobleidea- please find these posts of how the gracies aren't bullshido
    if its such a large percentage, they should be easy to find, please, support your claim with evidence

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this is true, word must be spread that people who complete these programs are not REAL BJJ blue belts. And they can and should be challenged to roll in front of their students at all times.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 3:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously the chronic hypoxic state resulting from frequent RNC's has killed the sarcasm detection center of a few of forum member's brains. :homo:
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast