218283 Bullies, 8933 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassYour first Group3 months registeredCreated Album pictures

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    I don't think anyone is shocked by BJJ bullshido at this point. I've read enough about it. Just wanted to add the latest to the pile which, again is not shocking given what we know about some of the Gracies' marketing and business practices. But, at least it's new.

From the "Gracie Insider" e-mail (don't even remember signing up for it, but ok):

Then some history and horrific hyperbole like this:

What the **** does that even mean?

Well, there's more craptacular information here.

Lineage is unfortunately going to grow even more and more important in BJJ. Hopefully, we're a few hundred years away from a full on _ing _un lineage war. Because we all know that BJJ was created by a Portugeuse nun who's name means "homely fall" and who had to fight several men to get one to marry her.
    damn...don't you just love baseless statistics that can't be proven or disproven? for example i could say 85% of statistics are made up:)

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 11:32am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Recently we had a seminar with Ryron at our academy. He is a really good instructor and I can tell you it was a great learning experience watching him teach. I have been teaching MA for, sigh, 20 years and I learned and relearned some great things.
    I cuaght a Ralek seminar recently and got to play around with him a little. Real legit skills - you can certainly feel that they are above the level of your average BJJ black belt. Those guys may not be winning Mundials lately but they are not too far off that pace, honestly.

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 6:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems to be a conversion course which if they choose the candidates well could work, but I agree 2 weeks would be much too short a course to make a good fighter.
    Im not sure of the specifics, but if a Olympic wrestler or Judo player studied 8 hours a day for 2 weeks it's not improbable that he could adjust his 34 basic techniques to a reasonable enough level to teach them right?

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 3:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, TKD, GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Licensing Fees
    Although participation in the ICP requires only a one-time flat fee, all CTCs pay a monthly licensing fee.......

ANYONE have any idea what:
    1) the one time flat fee is????????
    2) What the CTC monthly fees are??????

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/18/2011 3:39pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodyartsguy View Post
    Licensing Fees
    Although participation in the ICP requires only a one-time flat fee, all CTCs pay a monthly licensing fee.......

ANYONE have any idea what:
    1) the one time flat fee is????????
    2) What the CTC monthly fees are??????
    I don't think its going to be cheap.......I hear the other Gracie camp bases there monthly affiliation fees on how many students you have....and they want to know everything you do.

Achievements:
    31 days registered

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 10:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, TKD, GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Python View Post
    I don't think its going to be cheap.......I hear the other Gracie camp bases there monthly affiliation fees on how many students you have....and they want to know everything you do.
    Yeah I figured it's spendy (but that's all relative I guess). Just curious as to what the Filing/Monthly fees are, so again - if anyone reads this and has any idea please post. I noticed Gracies will not release the Licensing Fees until "Deemed Eligable" which sends a clear message that it's not cheap.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2011 12:27pm

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Cape Town Gracie school kindly loaned us Ryron when he was here the year before last. It was a great seminar. Hopefully we can get his brother down here when he comes to their school in april. I learned some great stuff about hip control when you have mount that I'm working on all the time.
    A lot of the advertising for this program makes me sad. But, Gracie Cape Town is a good school with solid grappling skills. Two of our guys were there for a visit recently and they really loved the atmosphere, attitude, and big-ass floor fans. Damn we need some of those.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617