Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 3:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rich Rowland: a lot of homestudy courses

this place has alot of homestudy courses "http://www.shintairyu.com/"

this place seems to have alot of homestudy courses. Whats ur guy's verdict? anyone know or competed with anyone affilated with this association.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 9/30/2009 11:23am at . Reason: Fixed title
    GS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 3:31pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looks like crap to me

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 3:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RANK TESTING IN PERSON OR BY VIDEO.

All our Black Belt Home Study Courses are designed so that you may test in person or by video. Some of our programs do not require a partner, or only require a partner at certain levels of testing. The Renzoku Jiu-Jitsu , Taiki Ryu Judo, Submissions Library, Ketsugo Ju-Jitsu and ARC Ryu Combat Karate systems require a partner ( Uki ) for each level.
    Complete testing package is included with each single or set of video tapes ordered. Testing fees are posted on the individual web page for the systems.
    Most systems require you to demonstrate each technique from a couple different angles, make sure lighting is good and camera is not too far away from the action.
    We are not looking for a production quality video tape, just good , solid technique.

Disclaimer: Shintai Ryu Martial Arts, the instructors, nor producers of these video tape series assume any responsibility for accidents, injury or death to user. The practice of Martial Arts is inherently dangerous. One should seek advice from a qualified Health professional if they have any physical limitations or prior injuries.
    Rank testing for you and your Uki is done at your own risk. If you prefer to receive this training material in person, please contact Shintai Ryu Martial Arts for the name and address of the Instructor nearest you.
    Hmmm... must be a great way to learn. Some of the vid clips are quite painful to watch:
    http://renzokujiujitsu.tripod.com/si...kungfuclip.mpg
    http://renzokujiujitsu.tripod.com/si...es/tech_36.mpg
    http://renzokujiujitsu.tripod.com/si...02_tech_08.mpg
    Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 11/03/2005 3:48pm at .
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 3:47pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... of course its bullshit, you cannot learn MA just by watching DVDs
    And in the futur can you make less retarded threads?
    I mean bring something debeatable (is that a real word?)

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 2:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    debatable
    GS

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 2:56am

Style: Brazillian jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what a stupid thread

yeh theoretically that would work...NOT! if you think you can become any good by watching a dvd you should catch the first bus to your local pound and get yourself put down, the only way to get better is to actually do it not watch it, once you have a instince for bjj or anyting ealse in M.A then , yes watching an instructional video may help, but trust me your never going to compare to someone who has actaully physically trained

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 1:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: nippon jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

shintairyu video's are great

I agree that you need real physical training. But the video's can assist you with that. Actually, some weeks ago I won a groundfighting match in my dojo against a guy with a higher graded belt; guess what: I used a submission that I learnt from a shintairyu video! Learning new techniques that people at your own dojo may not have learnt yet puts you at an advantage!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 4:08am

Style: Baji, Boxing, Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correspondence courses aren't a great way to learn. You might learn one or 2 things at most, but really the material is best used as reference for people who actually have trained in that skill set.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 9:52am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rich Rowland Complete BS. Guy's making a buck on gullible or greedy rank hogs.

Here is a thread about his sambo "ranking"
    Worldwide Grappling Forums - Mail Order Sambo: Rich Rowland

BTW, Rich Rowland is in league with Nigel May, who in turn is working with Jason Hunt. Rowland's sambo is BS. Rowland gave a "sambo rank" to May (who probably paid a fortune for it). In turn, May and Hunt tried to create "freestyle Sambo" ranking system to sell, which they stopped after a cease and desist from me. They are a real circle jerk of phonies:

Worldwide Grappling Forums - Jason Hunt - Kentucky - Shinja Martial Arts

Worldwide Grappling Forums - Nigel May - Australia - Sambullshido

BTW, Hunt also gave a rank to this piece of ****:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ght=jason+hunt
    Last edited by sambosteve; 9/30/2009 9:59am at .
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    3/16/2011 11:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: black belt TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a couple of Black belt who have done courses like these one is was in kenpo the other in a jkd form, worked for them in a way they did learn a lot, one actually went to a kenpo tournament and did the Kata he learned just to see what other thought, they said he did good and were surprised he study from a video. I think thought if he would not of held a black belt rank he would not of done as well.
    I study Akia jujitsu for a while and the instructor had tape he made for paladin press or one of those i used them with the training, for example when we go over the stuff for green belt stuff i would take the tapes home and watch them closely, watching the footwork as well as the whole techniques, worked awesome for me. got ton of praise from instructor. but there again i hold a black belt to.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast