Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 11:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take a gander at that thread too. Some hella funny "How do armbar" **** on there.

"I'm not particularly interested in learning BJJ for the sake of adding it to what i am doing. i want to know how to do the kata (Hatsumi Ha) on the ground."

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 2:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fantastic. Somebody with literally a month of real grappling experience would murder that guy.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 3:45pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Fantastic. Somebody with literally a month of real grappling experience would murder that guy.
    Sign me up! I qualify almost exactly in terms of time training and I am 101% confident of a victory against captain "putting yourself in a triangle and pushing on your opponent is a submission" there.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why aliveness is so important. Without ever using some friggin' resistance, how is he going to discover the horrifying mistakes in all of those positions? Besides watching any actual alive grappling, that is.
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 3:48pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    Wow your right, we finally found someone Virus can beat.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 3:53pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the MAP thread:

"This is actually an interesting topic. Having studied Shotokan for nearly a year now I have to say that I have been surprised how many of the techniques found in an average Karate kata can be used whilst on the ground- and how many of them are simply "survival" type defences and attacks aimed at getting yourself to your feet extremely quickly."
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 4:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear God:

If I ever have to fight another martial artist in t3h str33t, let it be a ninja plz?

Vince

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 4:10pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Favorite.... submission-thingy? was the "Wrong Side Juji-Gatame whilst kicking you in the head" pic, upper left of the center group.

And I remember in JJJ, we had a class "How to escape the ground when someone tackles you". It was already after I had started Judo and gotten inklings of the sheer insanity of some of what we did and I will always remember someone trying a wristlock from under the mount plus the bridge/roll to get out from under the mount.

I fought it a little bit to show them it wasn't working but when I fought them I was told "The average street thug doesn't have your flexible wrists and Judo training" and again reverted to what I call the Aiki-uke...

It's these painful memories that give me strength for that last escape attempt when stuck in sensei's kesa-gatame.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 4:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    Sign me up! I qualify almost exactly in terms of time training and I am 101% confident of a victory against captain "putting yourself in a triangle and pushing on your opponent is a submission" there.
    He's not putting himself in a triangle...he's just doing "this".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 5:03pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I came across this on a MAP thread, thanks to D Wiedman. Personally, I find the result of people inventing their own ground grappling techniques hilarious.

Discovered on this thread: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/for...ad.php?t=72650
    Welcome.

Enjoy.

-Daniel

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 5:27pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dweidman
    Welcome.

Enjoy.