Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 12:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cyril, as i said , if you want evidence , you have merely to visit the man. Forum threads are always going to be anecdotal, they can't be any other way. 'Seeing is believing' is the the most appropriate addage in all of this. If I was to tell you the earth was flat , there'd be nothing you could do to shake my belief except drag me away from the computer , put me on a boat, and sail continuously around the world. So it is with all of this stuff. I'm telling you what I've seen. If that's not enough, what more can I do. As for 300 years in the making , yes It is a breakaway group, but the style is the same. It's only been re-labeled by the current teacher. Yang was the name of the man who brought the style to Australia in the early 80's so it was called Yang Mian or in other words 'Yang's' Mian, Mian being the style. Marko learnt the entire system, then teacher and student had a falling out, as sometimes occurs and Marko now has his own school. It's a simple explanation but somehow you seem to want to bog this discussion down in uneccesary semantics..oh well

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 12:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh BTW, when i say 'seeing is believing' I don't mean anything other than face to face, in the same room , with your own eyes. Anyone wanting to witness full contact without leaving the comfort of the computer room are welcome to download UFC material to their hearts content. Wu Xing Dao has no face-pounding downloads as evidence, but that's no reason to dismiss it's effectiveness. For their own reasons they have chosen not to go down that path.Go see it FOR REAL, then rejoin the discussion and tell me what you think....sound reasonable?

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 12:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There happen to be many of us who either cant afford or cant find time for a trip to Sydney. Why not just put up some good full contact sparring videos against some one other then a student. That would make for much better advertisement any how. Besides with three post whos to say your not just trolling around bullshido any ways, says the guy with one post.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 12:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I am going through his youtube vids now. I haven't gotten through all of them but I will say the following for the moment, 1. The guys hand speed in his demos is very fast. 2. The below vid is a piece of ****.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm6D5Y0FXDM
    I've seen many professional boxers hit faster (and harder). In combinations. Against an actual moving target that was trying to hit back.

What's so special about waving your hands around?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 12:55am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by curls69
    Oh BTW, when i say 'seeing is believing' I don't mean anything other than face to face
    You guys got a sanda/sanshou/kickboxing/MMA team?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 2:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not do some friendly sparring with a few local schools or host a throwdown?

You don't have to "punch someone's face in". It's not about that! Just mix it up and learn from each other... Your shifu seems like an open minded cat. I'm sure he would gladly host a throwdown if he read the information we have about it here -> http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14673

No one wants to see you draw blood and cave someone's face in (well, maybe some do). We just want to see what you guys look like when the opponent is not co-operative.

Posting "app videos" with compliant opponents is like posting a video of your kids riding their bike with the training wheels on. It sucks for everyone except the family that made it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 3:00am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look...i know all this internet discussion is just spitting in the wind , but I know what I'm talking about. It's obvious you lot won't trust something until you see someone getting smashed about on youtube, preferably with blood involved. So what! Lets say Marko lined up a 'tough as they come', hard-hitting, streetfighter , filmed a bout ,and then put it on the net for the voyeuristic pleasure of martial arts skeptics. The adversary in question would be hit at least 24 times in the first second, with a chain of lethal, full powered strikes to any point of Markos choosing, before his pupils had time to focus. So...the end result would be a mortally wounded human being , and a decent school shamed to please the whim of the youtube generation. Not only that , but it would be futile as evidence. It would prove nothing to the skeptics , who would no doubt say things like "ah, you can see it's all fake, the guy just drops to the ground after a couple of slaps etc etc ". From my very first post, I've made it clear that Marko HAS had all these types of guys visiting his gym, from top grade pro fighters to dangerous louts who have come in off the street to test his claims . Maybe he should have filmed some of those confrontations , but again what would it prove. From what I've seen Marko is content to teach those who have made the effort to seek out his small gym looking for something serious and out of the sphere of the ordinary. I don't think Marko is interested in attracting the type of people who would be interested in a violent, sensationalistic UFC style headstomping anyway

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 3:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2j3FdVwhmg

There are boxing gloves and head gear hung up in the background there. Post video of sparring or GTFO.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's obvious you lot won't trust something until you see someone getting smashed about on youtube, preferably with blood involved.
    It's obvious that you didn't read my post or the throwdown FAQ. Most of us don't want to see your instructor in a cage deathmatch against a bike gang. We just want to see some sparring with a non-compliant opponent.

The adversary in question would be hit at least 24 times in the first second, with a chain of lethal, full powered strikes to any point of Markos choosing, before his pupils had time to focus. So...the end result would be a mortally wounded human being...
    Are you one of the Wachowski brothers?

I've made it clear that Marko HAS had all these types of guys visiting his gym, from top grade pro fighters to dangerous louts
    You haven't made this clear actually. Who were these top grade pro fighters again? Surely if you make a claim like that you would be happy to provide their names.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2008 4:34am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look...i know all this internet discussion is just spitting in the wind , but I know what I'm talking about. It's obvious you lot won't trust something until you see someone getting smashed about on youtube, preferably with blood involved. So what! Lets say Marko lined up a 'tough as they come', hard-hitting, streetfighter , filmed a bout ,and then put it on the net for the voyeuristic pleasure of martial arts skeptics. The adversary in question would be hit at least 24 times in the first second, with a chain of lethal, full powered strikes to any point of Markos choosing, before his pupils had time to focus. So...the end result would be a mortally wounded human being , and a decent school shamed to please the whim of the youtube generation. Not only that , but it would be futile as evidence. It would prove nothing to the skeptics , who would no doubt say things like "ah, you can see it's all fake, the guy just drops to the ground after a couple of slaps etc etc ". From my very first post, I've made it clear that Marko HAS had all these types of guys visiting his gym, from top grade pro fighters to dangerous louts who have come in off the street to test his claims . Maybe he should have filmed some of those confrontations , but again what would it prove. From what I've seen Marko is content to teach those who have made the effort to seek out his small gym looking for something serious and out of the sphere of the ordinary. I don't think Marko is interested in attracting the type of people who would be interested in a violent, sensationalistic UFC style headstomping anyway
    Ah, the old "too deadly" argument. So, did your instructor kill all of those "Maori Bikie gangs, heavyweight pro-boxers, headkickers and martial arts practitioners" who came to challenge him? I'm surprised we haven't heard about that.

It was explicitly stated that we don't need to see a match where he caves someone's face in to be convinced, just a demonstration of your master testing his skills against a resisting opponent. Surely he can restrain himself enough to defend himself without killing anybody. On film, preferably. That would prove a lot more than the videos that he has posted already (to answer your question).
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast