Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 8:27pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gun control?

Just to warn y'all, I'm really not too informed when it comes to gun laws, accident statistics, crime rates, and other gun control variables. In fact, that's more or less why I'm starting this thread (I want additional information). I get the impression my brother is a gun nut, which I suppose is fine as far as he is concerned, but it does remind me of the question, should these highly effective killing machines be legally obtainable by Joe America? My gut reaction is to say that heck, no, we shouldn't allow any kind of handgun to be owned by a private citizen without some kind of martial demand (IE, law enforcement). However, I haven't thought much on the issue, and I'd be perfectly willing to change my mind if reasons are given.

So, where do we draw the line? How do we balance individual freedom with collective security when it comes to firearms?
    Last edited by haughty; 10/15/2007 8:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 8:30pm

Style: .45ACP & Confusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This needs to be in Sociocide.
    Will someone please move it?

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 8:54pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by haughty
    Just to warn y'all, I'm really not too informed when it comes to gun laws, accident statistics, crime rates, and other gun control variables. In fact, that's more or less why I'm starting this thread (I want additional information). I get the impression my brother is a gun nut, which I suppose is fine as far as he is concerned, but it does remind me of the question, should these highly effective killing machines be legally obtainable by Joe America? My gut reaction is to say that heck, no, we shouldn't allow any kind of handgun to be owned by a private citizen without some kind of martial demand (IE, law enforcement). However, I haven't thought much on the issue, and I'd be perfectly willing to change my mind if reasons are given.

So, where do we draw the line? How do we balance individual freedom with collective security when it comes to firearms?

Gun control means using both hands.

Now get lost, hippy. And learn how to read 'DISCLAIMERS'.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 10:07pm

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, Phoenix, calling him a hippy is a little much. He did say that he would change his mind if good reasons were given.

haughty, here's one. States with "shall issue" concealed carry laws have a much lower violent crime rate than states with restrictive ownership laws. That is supported by FBI statistics.

Here's the difference though, CCW permits require safety training, and most CCW holders also spend a lot of time at ranges working on their skills.

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 10:25pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sociocide is our off-topic forum at this time. Currently threads or posts cannot be moved to that database. Please visit http://www.sociocide.com/

Thread locked.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido