Posted On:
    10/13/2003 2:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts expert kills two raiders

Philip Willan in Rome
    Monday October 13, 2003
    The Guardian

A Chinese martial arts expert was in custody yesterday after turning the tables on four burglars armed with knives, killing two of them and seriously wounding a third.
    The 28-year-old man, known as "the doctor" for his practice of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine, managed to seize one of the two knives carried by his assailants and saw off the entire group with the ferocity of his reaction.

Magistrates in the central Italian town of Empoli are now seeking to establish whether his self-defence constituted an excessive use of force.

The butchery, worthy of a Quentin Tarantino film, began shortly before midnight on Friday when the four men knocked at the apartment of a Chinese hairdresser in the centre of Empoli.

The hairdresser, her assistant and "the doctor", who operated from the same premises, were reportedly overpowered and tied up before the group, all thought to be in their 20s and 30s, ransacked the apartment.

Disappointed by their meagre booty, the attackers allegedly threatened to rape the two women unless they told them where the rest of their money was hidden.

At this point the doctor managed to free himself, seize a knife from one of the aggressors and deliver a series of lethal stab wounds.

Investigators found the body of one man, who had been stabbed in the heart, sprawled on the staircase and another man bleeding to death in the street from a wound to his leg. A third man is recovering in hospital from a punctured lung.

The doctor was found crouching in the entrance to the building with cuts to his shoulder, face and hands.

Investigators are trying to determine whether he inflicted the injuries while defending himself inside the apartment, or hunted down the burglars after they had fled.

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 3:26am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that dude aka the doctor kicked some ass. He used the right amount of force. I would have killed that third **** as well if i was him.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 5:35am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do they know he knew martial arts? If you have a knife, you stab someone with it, it's that simple. All you gwai lo think everyone with jaundice and eyes five degrees off horizontal know how to choreograph movie fight scenes, if they can ever get to the set without being in an accident. Enough with the stereotypes already!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Titan

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 7:18am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this is true the fuckers got exactly what they deserved, they were there to commit a crime, and even threatened rape.

I say well done Doc.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sound like kill or be killed to me. Doc did the right thing and ended up alive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 7:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do they know he knew martial arts? If you have a knife, you stab someone with it, it's that simple. All you gwai lo think everyone with jaundice and eyes five degrees off horizontal know how to choreograph movie fight scenes, if they can ever get to the set without being in an accident. Enough with the stereotypes already!

-------------------------
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."
    He seized the knife first before getting into knife fight against other three who were armed as well. Plus the psychological pressure of life and death situation. This can't be that easy.

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 8:28pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the source of this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2003 11:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the guardian newspaper online

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2003 1:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's the source of this?

You can pick it up on Fark. I read the article there first, then came to this site to see whether anyone has posted it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2003 1:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyway, four guys with knives. What are your chances ?
    That's a difficult question of course, since you have to take the attacker's ability, the surroundings and your own situation into account. Being tied up sounds like a disadvantage to me. Also- don't think he used much grappling.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast