Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 3:05am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Recovery

Hey guys, I'm wondering if you physical fitness freaks can help me out with recovry supplements. At the moment I'm looking to add 2 days of weight training to my 2 days compulsory PT (the program varies) and 2 days of judo. Also, in 2 weeks I start a new posting, which means 4 days a week of compulsory afternoon PT, but I don't want to give up judo even if the sessions are the same day as PT at work. So what I want to know is, are there any supplements out there that promote fast recovery for the body? I have heard great things about creatine, but from doing a search here it seems creatine is more for increasing muscle mass. Soooo, any pointers?

Weak

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 5:26am

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't take creatine or any of those protein supplements (I don't need the extra cals). My two favourite supplements to take after heavy workouts are made by Musashi which are available in Australia:

1. 'Muscle Recovery' - BCAAs 500mg (contains L-Leucine 250mg, L-Valine 150mg, L-Isoleucine 100mg)

2. 'ZMA+' - contains Zinc, Magnesium, B6 and Manganese (as amino acid chelate)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 6:24am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers Lily! Where's the best place to get them?

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glutamine + Vitamin C is a good combo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 12:32pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    I don't take creatine or any of those protein supplements (I don't need the extra cals). My two favourite supplements to take after heavy workouts are made by Musashi which are available in Australia:

1. 'Muscle Recovery' - BCAAs 500mg (contains L-Leucine 250mg, L-Valine 150mg, L-Isoleucine 100mg)

2. 'ZMA+' - contains Zinc, Magnesium, B6 and Manganese (as amino acid chelate)
    You can get ZMA and BCAAs from pretty much any supplement store. I've not tried ZMA yet but am going to get some soon.

A good multivitamain wil help to cover any deficiencies in the diet too. Or a supplement like Greens+ is supposed to be great too, especially if you don't get enough veg.

What is your diet like? All the supplements in the world won't make up for a diet too low in cals or nutrients.
    Last edited by spirez; 10/14/2007 12:34pm at .

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell does 500mg of BCAA do? I thought standard doses were at least 20 grams for recovery/muscle building?

Creatine willl help, and it is dirt cheap. Buy plain old creatine monohydrate, micronized is best. 5ga day to start, I take 7g a day now.

You taking a multi?
    Drinking plenty of water?

Weak

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 6:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No longer training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LIguy - you're supposed to take 4 capsules before a heavy workout and 4 after the workout. I find taking half that dose does wonders for my recovery.