Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 8:06am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would rather have this site in the content presented than not have it at all.

I find it really sad that no matter where I go on this website, I remain unable to locate a single thread where people aren't spewing negativitey, and bashing one another.
    Almost like many of the people on here need to validate themselves throught childish bickering, as if they have no real confidence in their own being outside of this "community".
    Not to bust your bubble guy, but nowhere else on the internet will you find this kind of brutal honesty.
    Now having said that; take most of the insults, bashing, and scathing comments with a grain of salt and in the context it is said in.

Many of us claim to be martial artists, but very few of the people here can actually claim to carry them mentaility that martial arts are meant to teach us. The footwork is only half the training, the other was supposed to be our own spiritual refinement.
    Sorry have to disagree with you here. See my signature for further clarification.

And then when people decide to dispute the reputability of another organization, or martial arts instructor they make claims of "Facts" they they were refered to by their friend's cousin's best friend's uncle. (A mockery if you didn't pick up on that.)
    Many of these people don't bother to do any research themselves, and just take other peoples word for it. I'm not saying the facts are wrong, but they don't bother checking the facts themselves. On a few occasions you will find that the "Educated Researcher" who wrote some article, is actually selling their own version of "REAL traditional Kung Fu" or a neat little book of facts about it. And couldn't it ever be possible that their unfounded "Facts" are meant to stir the nest so that they can make a few extra bucks off of the controversy?
    Have you been to the encyclopedia site yet? There are a few very well researched articles there by members like Samuel Browning, Osiris, Anthony, and Phrost, to name just a few, debunking frauds like Ashida Kim and David Bannon. No hiddden agendas, no plugs for mechandise; just facts and more facts.

These fights that we engage eachother on are battles that we will never win. Dispite what pseudo funny names we fling around. Even if we prove one member of the opposition is a fraud, or is following one, we still don't win. We always lose. Everbody always loses, and will continue to. No matter how strong our "Kung Fu" is, and no matter how practical our "Jutsu" may be.
    These 'fights' you speak of are not fights against one another, they are fights against BS and frauds in the MA community. And if just one person gets the message, if one person doesn't get fooled by some ****-stick peddleing crap - then mission accomplished.

Get it? Read some more, you'll see.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 8:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberduck
    Which one of them?
    Not this crap, Sushis one. (dont tell him i said that tho... he might think i like him ;)

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 9:22am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lurk more, dipshit.

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 10:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Lurk more, dipshit.
    "Kittenbritches" style is "stealthy observation". Apparently not.
    Last edited by Tenebrous; 10/14/2007 10:19am at .
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 10:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP does TKD. Enough said,.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 10:38am

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm,

Hey Residentsamurai, maybe alittle bit of this:seppuku: is in order

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do a lot of lurking and it seems to me that bullshido has a very supportive environment for the people who ask intelligent questions and are respectful towards the experienced practioners.

I think the "brutal honesty" that AMF mentioned is extremely valuable. If you are intelligent and respectful you get that brutal honesty in a polite fashion...if you're not, they will ruin your **** for our amusement.

The MABS investigations I've read were extremely thorough. I don't know where you get off criticizing those. Maybe you were referring to threads in YMAS?

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 11:23am

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSamurai
    I find it really sad that no matter where I go on this website, I remain unable to locate a single thread where people aren't spewing negativitey, and bashing one another.
    Thanks for making another such thread.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 11:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    "Your message" is the reason people like me got suckered into karate and got beat up for our troubles.

Luckily, I walked away with little more then hurt feelings, others might not be so lucky
    I completely agree.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 12:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfTheFrog
    I do a lot of lurking and it seems to me that bullshido has a very supportive environment for the people who ask intelligent questions and are respectful towards the experienced practioners.

I think the "brutal honesty" that AMF mentioned is extremely valuable. If you are intelligent and respectful you get that brutal honesty in a polite fashion...if you're not, they will ruin your **** for our amusement.

The MABS investigations I've read were extremely thorough. I don't know where you get off criticizing those. Maybe you were referring to threads in YMAS?
    I agree with this a lot too.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast