Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 8:44pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it really sad that no matter where I go on this website, I remain unable to locate a single thread where people aren't spewing negativitey, and bashing one another.
    Almost like many of the people on here need to validate themselves throught childish bickering, as if they have no real confidence in their own being outside of this "community". (And yes, I use that term loosely.)
    Many of us claim to be martial artists, but very few of the people here can actually claim to carry them mentaility that martial arts are meant to teach us. The footwork is only half the training, the other was supposed to be our own spiritual refinement. For those who are here for debating, and discussion purposes, I see very few elements of this. Whenever there is someone who consistantly has valid points in such exchanges, they get very upset when another person counters what they have to say. And when they are unable to retort, they simply begin to act childish rather than bowing to the person who has proven their own worth. It's terribly disheartening. Shouldn't we have left the idea of "My Kung Fu is stronger" or "Your Karate is weak" back in the era in which is belongs?

And then when people decide to dispute the reputability of another organization, or martial arts instructor they make claims of "Facts" they they were refered to by their friend's cousin's best friend's uncle. (A mockery if you didn't pick up on that.)
    Many of these people don't bother to do any research themselves, and just take other peoples word for it. I'm not saying the facts are wrong, but they don't bother checking the facts themselves. On a few occasions you will find that the "Educated Researcher" who wrote some article, is actually selling their own version of "REAL traditional Kung Fu" or a neat little book of facts about it. And couldn't it ever be possible that their unfounded "Facts" are meant to stir the nest so that they can make a few extra bucks off of the controversy? I don't want to defend anybody here, but I don't want to fight anyone either.

These fights that we engage eachother on are battles that we will never win. Dispite what pseudo funny names we fling around. Even if we prove one member of the opposition is a fraud, or is following one, we still don't win. We always lose. Everbody always loses, and will continue to. No matter how strong our "Kung Fu" is, and no matter how practical our "Jutsu" may be.

Good day, and I hope my message can reach at least one person out there.

*EDIT*
    I never made this into a thread, and I never once thought of myself better than anyone else out there. Why did someone decide to turn it into that? I don't know, and I don't really care to.
    They obviously felt they had some reason to take such action, and it has really disappointed me.

And as for my training in TKD, I only trained in it because I think it's fun, not because I plan to use it for fighting. I trained with my father, so I really grew to enjoy it. He taught me a lot, but made sure I knew had to hold my ground in real life. He was a street fighter for most of his life, so he didn't teach me any useless or impractical things about it. So I'd appreciate if you guys left that issue alone.
    My main style is Muay Thai, and Karate is something I do on the side.

Once again, I'm not claiming to be better than you, nor do I think I am. Somebody on the website turned this into a thread, when it was just a simple post.
    A rather childish move I must say.
    Last edited by ResidentSamurai; 10/14/2007 5:03pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/13/2007 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: stealthy observation

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said! Sometimes there is so much pseudo ass-kicking going on I feel like I need to take a shower to wash the manure off.

Who cares what style of martial art one practices, anyway? If it works for you then I'm happy for you! The focus ought to be on the quality available in each of the individual styles, not in grabbin' yer package to show everybody else how tough YOU are.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 2:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenbritches
    Well said! Sometimes there is so much pseudo ass-kicking going on I feel like I need to take a shower to wash the manure off.

Who cares what style of martial art one practices, anyway? If it works for you then I'm happy for you! The focus ought to be on the quality available in each of the individual styles, not in grabbin' yer package to show everybody else how tough YOU are.
    Perhaps MAP would be a better suited place for you to discuss MA then?

Most dont care what sort of martial arts anyone does. There is a good amount of in fun teasing about it (eg: haha, you do TKD- *****) and talk about what may be- in general- the most effective training methods or styles, but that in no way suggests that any one person is good till we have proof.
    Then we get the idiots that take life and themselves way to seriously, and make claims that are hard to believe. these idiots are then treated to a full bullshido welcome and this often leads to alot of crap. We also get alot of crap overflow from other sites.
    That is a part of this sites identity. ie: we dont take stupid crap, but we'll give you **** about it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSamurai
    I find it really sad that no matter where I go on this website, I remain unable to locate a single thread where people aren't spewing negativitey, and bashing one another.
    Like i said, this websites like that, there are good discussion threads, you just have to look for them.

The footwork is only half the training, the other was supposed to be our own spiritual refinement
    And the people who only see it as a sport? Or what it really is, ie: fighting? I'm not saying spirituality isn't a part of it to many people, but you can ask everyone to be spiritual.

And when they are unable to retort, they simply begin to act childish rather than bowing to the person who has proven their own worth. It's terribly disheartening. Shouldn't we have left the idea of "My Kung Fu is stronger" or "Your Karate is weak" back in the era in which is belongs?
    I definatly agree with you here. unfortuanalty there is no keeping some idiots out and it's hard for many people to admit they're wrong.

It's a very honest post all in all, but come on, we're just having fun most of the time. Just asking people to grow up is such a noble goal, good luck with that. ;)
    Also, keep in mind that we have some very young posters on here, so immaturity is a given.

Even if we prove one member of the opposition is a fraud, or is following one, we still don't win.
    Proving people are 'frauds', like ashida kim, is the goal of this site. I'd rather catch out 2% of the frauds than none. If it's just another poster, i can see where you get the pointlesness from, but in every community people want to prove themselves. If you want to prove yourself here it just takes a bit more proof is all. That generates alot of crap.

Stupid is everywhere, there is no escape!!

edit* spelling... wow- thats quite possibly my longest post ever... woot!
    Last edited by syberia; 10/14/2007 5:38pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 4:09am

Style: JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

**** you math class

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 4:10am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 5:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAMA
    We already had this thread.
    Except that one's much more fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 7:40am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia
    Except that one's much more fun.
    Which one of them?

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 7:42am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSamurai
    Almost like many of the people on here need to validate themselves throught childish bickering, as if they have no real confidence in their own being outside of this "community". (And yes, I use that term loosely.)
    Many of us claim to be martial artists, but very few of the people here can actually claim to carry them mentaility that martial arts are meant to teach us. The footwork is only half the training, the other was supposed to be our own spiritual refinement. For those who are here for debating, and discussion purposes, I see very few elements of this. Whenever there is someone who consistantly has valid points in such exchanges, they get very upset when another person counters what they have to say. And when they are unable to retort, they simply begin to act childish rather than bowing to the person who has proven their own worth. It's terribly disheartening. Shouldn't we have left the idea of "My Kung Fu is stronger" or "Your Karate is weak" back in the era in which is belongs?

And then when people decide to dispute the reputability of another organization, or martial arts instructor they make claims of "Facts" they they were refered to by their friend's cousin's best friend's uncle. (A mockery if you didn't pick up on that.)
    Many of these people don't bother to do any research themselves, and just take other peoples word for it. I'm not saying the facts are wrong, but they don't bother checking the facts themselves. On a few occasions you will find that the "Educated Researcher" who wrote some article, is actually selling their own version of "REAL traditional Kung Fu" or a neat little book of facts about it. And couldn't it ever be possible that their unfounded "Facts" are meant to stir the nest so that they can make a few extra bucks off of the controversy? I don't want to defend anybody here, but I don't want to fight anyone either.

These fights that we engage eachother on are battles that we will never win. Dispite what pseudo funny names we fling around. Even if we prove one member of the opposition is a fraud, or is following one, we still don't win. We always lose. Everbody always loses, and will continue to. No matter how strong our "Kung Fu" is, and no matter how practical our "Jutsu" may be.

Good day, and I hope my message can reach at least one person out there.

Who gives a ****? It's the goddamn internet.

And really...it's not like things are different in the real world.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 7:46am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Your message" is the reason people like me got suckered into karate and got beat up for our troubles.

Luckily, I walked away with little more then hurt feelings, others might not be so lucky

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2007 8:05am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast