Thread: New guy

Style
    American Street Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New guy

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here although I have been in martial arts for 35 years and have had my own school for the past 20.
    I began in Korean Karate (that's what I knew it as) until we were told to call it Taekwondo and Hapkido. Over the years, we added so much self defense for the street that it was no longer traditional. We joined the American Street Karate organization with several others in order to certify in a way which better reflected our training.
    I've made a lot of mistakes over the years. I've bad mouthed others and I've criticized people who didn't live up to the standards that I thought they should as martial artists. I try not to repeat those mistakes and focus more on what I'm doing rather than what others are doing. Honestly, I think I've done more good than harm. I have a major role in the Texas Martial Arts Hall of Fame and I wrote a book on Emotional Self Defense which is a big part of our teaching.
    I look forward to sharing ideas with you. I'm sure I'll get my share of criticizing as well, but that just goes along with it.

GhostOfKimura
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome aboard, eromssap! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

Style
    BJJ
    Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido!

Quote Originally Posted by eromssap
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new here although I have been in martial arts for 35 years and have had my own school for the past 20.
    I began in Korean Karate (that's what I knew it as) until we were told to call it Taekwondo and Hapkido.
    In that case, you might be interested in adding your experience to the Korean martial arts subforum on here.