Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 11:58pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary
    WHAT?! Only making around $750,000 per fight?! That means if he were to fight two or three times a year, he would just BARELY be a multi-millionaire...It must be difficult for Couture to feed his family living paycheck to paycheck like this.

This poor guy, no wonder he bailed on his contract and left the UFC...

:eusa_booh
    He said he was reported as making three and a quarter million dollars, he actually made three milliion less than that. I'd be pissed if the IRS looked at me because some douchebags were saying I made three million more a year than I actually did.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 2:08pm

Style: Wrestling, bjj, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/26/2007 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary
    WHAT?! Only making around $750,000 per fight?! That means if he were to fight two or three times a year, he would just BARELY be a multi-millionaire...It must be difficult for Couture to feed his family living paycheck to paycheck like this.

This poor guy, no wonder he bailed on his contract and left the UFC...

:eusa_booh
    you fail at reading comprehension. :eng101:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/30/2007 10:10pm

Style: Wrestling, bjj, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has officially gotten ugly:
    http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8466
    They don't actually address many of randy's claims, and seem to act like they are addressing them all, the release they provide is actually unrelated to any of the problems randy cited(at least as far as I can tell). I doubt randy will take the fight, and Dana again reiterated that fedor sucks, isn't a top five heavyweight, blah, blah, blah. Dana really pisses me off, and this statement I also found interesting:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana White
    “If (former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion) Tito Ortiz and I can work things out, I’m sure Randy Couture and I can.”
    so dana and tito are on good terms now?

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there is certainly a difference in the two side's idea of what Randy got paid. A million dollars a fight is more than he was claiming he was paid.

They were quick to discuss what Randy got paid for the fights. I wonder how much the UFC made on those fights?
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415